Notification settings for text message on phone

nessker

I have set a notification to send me a text message when a new cache is posted in my area. Is there one I can choose that will make it send me the GPS coordinates in the text message and not just the name and that the cache published?

I have set a notification to send me a text message when a new cache is posted in my area. Is there one I can choose that will make it send me the GPS coordinates in the text message and not just the name and that the cache published?

There isn't and that is on purpose. Groundspeak wants you to visit the cache page because you really should read the description and find out if there is anything special you should know (like hours of operation for a park, etc.)

What I do is have the message send as an MMS message using my carriers MMS address (for Sprint it is mynumber@pm.sprint.com). This way I actually get a clickable link for the page in the notification and then I visit the page and can see the coords or I can download the cache directly to my phone (I use CacheBerry with a Blackberry phone).