Providing comments along with dropping a TB/coin

De Wijngemachtigde

At the Dutch forum, someone could not find a way to provide comments when she dropped a TB or coin in a cache. It was explained to her that you could go via your own profile, visit the log and then edit that log.

That works, however, it is not straightforward, and also, the owner of the TB/coin cannot see that comment; all that is given in the automatic email is the notification that it was dropped.

Now, I came up with the idea to add a function on the gc.com website when you write your found or write note log: whenever you've highlighted a TB or a coin in the panel below the box where you write your cache log, a subsequent page should appear in which you can write the comments to the TB or coin that you dropped. When you have highlighted several, several extra pages should pop-up after which your log is complete and the comments with the drop of the TB or coin is also provided. The owner then gets an email including the comments.

This makes as much sense as writing a comment when you retrieve a TB or coin, or in fact it makes more sense, as you probably also have more to write about the TB or coin after ou have taken it along with you.

I have written a ticket to Groundspeak, and they said they really liked the idea, and it would be forwarded to the webiste people.

Now let's see whether it will be added. I would think it would be very useful.

What do you people think?

I would appreciate that, too. You have to enter text for the TB logs, why not put that text on the TB page as well as on the cache page? It would make it much easier for the TB owner to keep apprised of his/her TB's adventures.

The idea sounds very good, but Problems

The problem I see is if you drop multiple (20-40) TBs into an event or cache will you then get multiple additonal popup boxes to enter a note for each TB log. This doesn't seem to be an achievable outcome or very frustrating for those logging TBs into caches.

The idea sounds very good, but Problems

The problem I see is if you drop multiple (20-40) TBs into an event or cache will you then get multiple additonal popup boxes to enter a note for each TB log. This doesn't seem to be an achievable outcome or very frustrating for those logging TBs into caches.

True.

But at which end of the journey is the 'carrier' likely to have anything to say about their possession of the traveler?

I can see how it would cramp the style of some of the 'big movers' out there, but I personally would prefer to be 'forced' to log a comment when dropping a traveler.

If that means not being able to drop multiple travelers, then so be it.