New Guy with a question

ShortbusDouglas

Hello everyone, I'm only about 3 days into this new hobby and it's been great fun but I have a couple questions on protocol.

I've seen finds where people mention they replaced log from the cache...I've been to several now where the log is pretty full. If you replace a full log do you take the old one? What are you intended to do with it from there?

Also about these TB's and Coins, if you take something trackable from a cache does it follow the same rules as random swag? i.e. take something leave something of equal or greater?

I've seen finds where people mention they replaced log from the cache...I've been to several now where the log is pretty full. If you replace a full log do you take the old one? What are you intended to do with it from there?

Also about these TB's and Coins, if you take something trackable from a cache does it follow the same rules as random swag? i.e. take something leave something of equal or greater?

I'll add a new logsheet if existing log is wet or full, and there's space. I don't remove logs unless they're beyond salvation (e.g. soggy pulp). As a result, I never replace nano logs.

No need to do any exchange for trackables. You're not keeping it, you don't need to leave something in exchange.

Glad you're having fun, welcome to the hobby!

Edited by Chrysalides
Nice, thanks for link Hawk and thank you all for the warm welcome. Only one part of my question am I still uncertain on...if the log is full and I replace it with a new one, do I take the old one out or just leave it along with the new log?

I would suggest leaving it if there's space. The way I see it, the log belongs to the cache owner. Some people offer to mail it back, scan it in and email, etc.