Personal coin storage cache

isjustus4

I searched and haven't found anything pertaining to this.

As a new coiner, that is activating my coins, I'm starting to get a lot in my TB drop list. I've been snooping around, and see people use archived caches, or unpublished caches for storing their personal non travelers. I'd like to do this, but would like some instruction on what to actually do. The unpublished cache route, that is. Any info is much appreciated.

:)

Create a cache listing using, say, your home coordinates and leave the box unchecked that claims the cache is ready to be approved (this way it won't get into the Reviewer's queue and take up their valuable time). Nobody can see it but you and you can drop all your activated coins that you own in it. Just be careful you don't drop those travelers belonging to other cachers that are meant to stay in the wild.

Edited by Droo

I searched and haven't found anything pertaining to this.

As a new coiner, that is activating my coins, I'm starting to get a lot in my TB drop list. I've been snooping around, and see people use archived caches, or unpublished caches for storing their personal non travelers. I'd like to do this, but would like some instruction on what to actually do. The unpublished cache route, that is. Any info is much appreciated.

:D

I've created a Cache and just didn't check the "active" box. That will keep it out of the reviewer que, but I took anothet step, and also archived it...that will prevent it from interfering with anyone who tries to hide a Cache near the coordinates. I've also taken another unusual step...I actually hid a Cache there and included some of the coins in my collection. No one will ever be able to view the page, or log a find, but if they pick up on my clues, there WILL be a Cache for them to find, and they can discover all of the coins I left there.