Pocket Query

berryzang

HERE HERE!!

I'm wondering if there are some technical difficulties with doing this (similar to the pre-1970 date problem that's been discussed in other threads).

Any word from TPTB on whether or not this is planned in the future? Anyone? Anyone?

Bret

"The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field.

When a man found it, he hid it again." Mt. 13:44

quote:
Originally posted by Big Red Dog:

I was wondering what people thought about the idea of having benchmarks available on pocket queries. I'm tired of trying to download them 25 at a time.

Big Red Dog

Geocaching Fool

Why do you download 25 at a time? Why not the whole 10 mile radius? (Or even up to 30 miles with some URL-jiggling.)

But I will agree that pocket queries would be very useful.

quote:
Originally posted by Big Red Dog:

I was wondering what people thought about the idea of having benchmarks available on pocket queries. I'm tired of trying to download them 25 at a time.

I think Jeremy has posted here before that there will be improvements in the benchmarking area by and by (and Lord knows we've been craving BM pocet queries for a good while), but that's all on a backburner as he deals with more pressing concerns.

In the meantime, have you looked at BMGPX? It's not quite pocket query control, but it allows for downloading entire counties at a time.

Max

Often wrong but seldom in doubt

quote:
Originally posted by embra:

In the meantime, have you looked at http://ubbx.Groundspeak.com/6/ubb.x?a=tpc&s=5726007311&f=5116058331&m=35260855? It's not quite pocket query control, but it allows for downloading entire counties at a time.

In addition it allows you to download the current data from NGS. The Geocaching site was loaded somewhere around 2000 and hasn't been updated.