Caches in Austin Texas?

SamSpade47

I"m taking a trip to Austin in June. Divisional semi annual meeting. Half of our division is in Austin and the other half is up in Seattle. The Austin guys came up here in December and we're going down there in June. I wish they would have done it the other way around, but whatever.

Anyway, I could use some suggestion as to caches worth seeing while I'm there. I already planned to check out the "Texas Virtual Movie Cache". Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Thanks

I"m taking a trip to Austin in June. Divisional semi annual meeting. Half of our division is in Austin and the other half is up in Seattle. The Austin guys came up here in December and we're going down there in June. I wish they would have done it the other way around, but whatever.

Anyway, I could use some suggestion as to caches worth seeing while I'm there. I already planned to check out the "Texas Virtual Movie Cache". Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Thanks

Well Im not sure if this is help full but an hour and half away is enchanted rock its seventeen miles north of fredicksburg and it is worth the trip to go caching there. Beware if you are afraid of heights. This place is by far one the best place to geocache in texas. Its got caves, boulders, cliffs, bluffs, creeks, and trails form flat with small elevation changes to ones with a couple hundred feet of elevation change.

http://www.geocaching.com/map/default.aspx...;zm=14&mt=m

We call that the green belt, it is AMAZING, at least for us texans, we dont have land like that everywhere :huh:

GC10KWN was used in the filming of a famous movie long ago :blink:

They used this location as the ending scene for "slackers" (most people hate the movie but people like me LOVE IT!)

Its anamzing location..

http://www.whereongoogleearth.net/wp-conte...ge_at_night.jpg

http://www.geocaching.com/map/default.aspx...;zm=13&mt=m

And along the 360 hwy is very pretty.

Edited by viper1986

Head up to Lake Georgetown and do the series on the hike around to The Doctor and Corral caches. Amazing view and the old homestead, fresh spring pool and waterfall make it a GREAT hike.

I second this. I live in Gilbert, AZ but my cousin lives in Georgetown and the last 3 Summers I've taken a vacation to hang out with her. I always go out for hiking and I've done this hike on 2 of the 3 vacations. It is a fantastic hike.

I've also done the Barton Creek Greenbelt twice. The first time the creek was really full and it was one the best geocaching adventures I've ever had. The second time the creek was bone dry. Needless to say it was a lot more fun when there was water in it.