TB Race Etiquette

Hi all,

If you pick up a TB that you then discover is in a race, is it deemed "acceptable" to dip it in and out of caches before dropping it in a final cache?

The Reason I ask is this, I have recently picked up a TB that is in a mileage race. It has a year to try and get the most mileage behind it. I am planning a days caching, where I am oping to do a series of caches and finish up with a couple of individual caches, one being large anough to leave the TB in.

Is it ok to dip the TB in all the caches I find that day, and then leave it in the last one. It would rack up the miles i do in that day and is then left to continue on its way in the race helped by others. It seems a shame to have it in my bag, but only logging the one it gets left in if that makes sense?

Cheers!

Rob

Most of the racing TB's I have moved have said that dipping is not allowed, but it is down to the individual race organiser to spell out the rules. Only ever dipped one racing TB as the cache was a micro and I did not have a sledge hammer with me to bash the TB into a small enough size to fit in. :anibad:

If it was one of the 5 missing ones of the 8 in our race I would be delighted to have it dipped! To be honest I would not mind ours being dipped a couple of times- its fair mileage! Altho if you did 20-30 of them the others in the race might have something to say..... ;)