Help on a new cache placement

We are going to China this summer. We want to set up a new cache to collect trackable items to take with us. The idea is that we will take all the trackables placed in the cache and put them somewhere in China during our trip. We take 1 or 2 trips every year, and would like to use the cache for this purpose whenever we take a new trip.

Does anyone have advice for setting this up? I want to adhere to regulations. Can we use the same cache and change the description after each trip, or do we have to make a new cache every time we change the objective? Any feedback is appreciated.

permission from the owner is not required to move a TB, that's what trackables are for, the majority of the TB/coins owners will be happy to have all that mileage

there are very few exceptions where the description specifically says not to take out of the country/city etc, so just pay attention to the description and when you retrieve it and log it, mention that you will be taking it to China, or wherever your next trip is and when you you expect to drop it off, especially if you gonna have to hold on to them for more than a couple of weeks

i moved quite a few TB and coins between europe and canada, i mentioned so in my retrieval log and i never had any of the owners oppose the move

as for your TB cache, there is no need to change the name each time...just give it a meaningful title and in the description put what your intentions are and the purpose of the cache

than keep adding notes to the description with each of your destinations

sounds like fun!

Edited by t4e

Many people place trackables in caches wihout paying to much attention to the verbage on the cache page. Before you take a trackable and hold it for your trip you should have emailed and received permission from the trackable owner.

I'm using an ammo can, and plan to put a separate container within it. I'll have instructions on the smaller container that any item placed in it will be taken to China in June. I guess I could also confirm with an e-mail.

Just a one caution.. I'd want to be confident the caches used in China are in areas that get a number of international visitors. People usually don't want their trackables to be inactive for long periods of time.

You could use the same cache and box for multiple trips. Just edit the name after your China trip and prepare for the next one. xxxxx-China becomes xxxxx-Nepal etc.

We want to set up a new cache to collect trackable items to take with us.

How far in advance to you plan on collecting bugs? If you are holding my bugs for three months before you head out I would appreciate a heads-up as to why you haven't moved it along yet. That would give me the opportunity to say 'No thanks, just place it in a nearby cache.'

Just a one caution.. I'd want to be confident the caches used in China are in areas that get a number of international visitors. People usually don't want their trackables to be inactive for long periods of time.

Anotehr thing to think about is to just "dip" them in a cache in China, taking pictures of them at the location, or the Greeat Wall, or wherever. Then bring them back home for release back into the wild.

I;ve done that when going to Guam and Hawaii, so they don't get stuck. I usually check with TB owners as well before holding on for a traveler too long.