Can't get list of nearest caches any more ?

TheCELTs

Hi

I'd like to report what seems to me like as bug with the website. Have tried searching for previous reports of this but can't find any.

I'm trying to get a list of caches nearest my location. It used to work, but now doesn't. What I'm trying to do is:

1. From the Geocaching.com home page, I click on "Your Profile" on the left side (I am already logged in).

2. I'm then in Quick View, and I get a list of my recent finds. OK so far.

3. On the right side of that page, there is a link "Search for nearest geocaches" with options to include or exclude finds.

4. When I click on one of these, I used to get a page listing geocaches, in order of increasing distance from my home location.

I now don't get that list. What I do get is best explained by screenshot:

http://picasaweb.google.com/ColBla70/Geoca...513613059127954

Grateful for any advice on how to get the list back again.

Thanks in advance.

I remember seeing that a few months ago, but I thought they had it fixed. It is working correctly for me now.

Back then, a workaround was to click the "Next" link, then the "Prev" link. I wonder if that will work for you (until they fix it anyways).

Starbrand

I'm using XP SP3 with IE8 with whatever the latest auto-update state is. Plus Mcafee AV & firewall, Windows Defender & Spyware blaster - any of which are probably capable of interfering with an otherwise well-behaved webpage. Not sure when it first started happening - it's kind of one of those things that you don't really notice isn't working until suddenly it hits you. It could have been happening for 2-3 months (shows you how observant I am !).

Lil Devil

Many thanks for the work-around; that does indeed work for me. Interesting that it came good for you without you having to do anything.

I guess that if it's working properly for others then that suggests the problem's at my end. Not quite sure how to track it down though.

Thanks anyway.

(NB Have just realised that even though I ticked the box to get email notification of replies to this topic, none arrived - looks as if this doesn't work for me either ! Groan)