A solved button for unknown caches

braindamage-1990

Hello!

First, I hope you understand my bad English. :laughing:

I don't know weather this idea is new or not. I just want to know your opinion.

I have created a Pocket Query only with unknown Caches. The last week i solved many unknown caches. But i have no time to go outside and get them. So in the Pocket Query are all my solved caches. Now the Problem:

I solved it together with my mother. She doesn't know which caches i have solved and I don't know which caches she has solved. And also the solved Caches are hiding the other unknown cache, which are not solved. :laughing:

So now my idea: A button in the Pocket Query or directly in the Cache listing, which make, that the cache disappears in the preview.

So, what do you mean about this?

I use GSAK for keeping track of puzzle solutions. Procedure :

1. Filter for unsolved puzzles (type = puzzle, found = no, corrected coordinates = no)

2. Solve it

3. Update notes

4. Update Corrected Coordinates

I wish there is support on-site for "correcting" the coordinates, but I don't think it is going to happen any time soon.

1. Filter for unsolved puzzles (type = puzzle, found = no, corrected coordinates = no)

2. Solve it

3. Update notes

I wish there is support on-site for "correcting" the coordinates, but I don't think it is going to happen any time soon.

Will the updates stay even if I load up a fresh PQ with the old cache coords? That would be sweet if it did.

2. Solve it

3. Update notes

Will the updates stay even if I load up a fresh PQ with the old cache coords? That would be sweet if it did.

Yes, notes and corrected coordinates are not over-written if you refresh the PQs.

They will, of course, be deleted if you nuke your GSAK DB before loading in new PQs (there is an option "Clear Database before loading"). Some people do this in order to get rid of archived caches. Don't do that - use "Set user flag / clear all user flags first" instead, then filter for unflagged geocaches.

2. Solve it

3. Update notes

Yes, notes and corrected coordinates are not over-written if you refresh the PQs.

They will, of course, be deleted if you nuke your GSAK DB before loading in new PQs (there is an option "Clear Database before loading"). Some people do this in order to get rid of archived caches. Don't do that - use "Set user flag / clear all user flags first" instead, then filter for unflagged geocaches.

Or you can sort by last GPX update. The ones with the older dates are suspect. Then you can use the 'Status Check' feature to confirm whether or not the cache(s) are archived.

2. Solve it

3. Update notes

That's exactly what I do as well. The big advantage is, that you can upload the caches with GSAK and all its nice features. (smart names, %hint)

GermanSailor