Trackable Cacher

BooBee NYC

I've met my share of cachers and noticed a cacher for the first time show me his GPS with number on it (not the typical format of a travel bug with letter & number combo). So I'm wondering, did the cacher simply make the numbers up?

I know how TB's work but now I feel like I'm asking a dumb question, How do I get a trackable number for my GPS so that cachers I meet can log it? If I buy a TB and use it for that purpose I'm curious why this particular cachers numbers were just a general number format.

I've met my share of cachers and noticed a cacher for the first time show me his GPS with number on it (not the typical format of a travel bug with letter & number combo). So I'm wondering, did the cacher simply make the numbers up?

I know how TB's work but now I feel like I'm asking a dumb question, How do I get a trackable number for my GPS so that cachers I meet can log it? If I buy a TB and use it for that purpose I'm curious why this particular cachers numbers were just a general number format.

Many cachers have a personal TB. To have it tracked at this site you need to purchase either a Travel bug or coin. It's up to you how you want to display the number to others.

I carry the dogtag from one of my bugs on my keychain and log it through every cache I visit. I typically do not share the number with others. I do have a Travel bug sticker displayed on my vehicle that people can Discover if they happen to see it in my travels.

You can display the number as you see fit provided you are not allowing people to virtually log it by posting it online in a log or photo or recommend people pass the number around. There has to be a reasonable effort that people 'find' your personal TB, such as meeting you or your gps at an event or on the trail.

Also, you cannot release multiple travel bugs with the same tracking number. If you create your own tag you'll need to keep the metal tags you purchased at home.