Memory Map crashes on PC

Delta68

Memory Map crashes on PC (netbook actually)

It's always worked fine until yesterday. I think the netbook battery went flat overnight with MM still running and now it crashes when when the splash screen shows.

I presume something has got corrupted somewhere. I've uninstalled and reinstalled it again but it's made no difference

Anyone else had this problem?

thanks

Mark

Not had it with MMap but had other programs go bad on me. Problem with uninstalling it is that it doesn't remove all the relevant files or registry entries. For example I guess when you re-installed MMap the program still had your registration details? They are held in the registry and don't get removed when you uninstall.

So I'd suggest uninstalling it again and then deleting the Memory Map folder from C:\program files and try re-installing it again.

Chris (MrB)

Memory Map crashes on PC (netbook actually)

It's always worked fine until yesterday. I think the netbook battery went flat overnight with MM still running and now it crashes when when the splash screen shows.

I presume something has got corrupted somewhere. I've uninstalled and reinstalled it again but it's made no difference

Anyone else had this problem?

thanks

Mark

I've experienced a simlar problem a few times and it's usually been possible to sort it by deleting or renaming the userdata-Memory-Map.mmo file. If the data is important it's usually possible to rename the file start MM and then import your data from the renamed file.

Oh and another thought, never ever allow a Li-Ion/Polymer battery to flatten, it can reduce their capacity by 95% If I'm using my laptops at home I always use it on power, and not battery, that way a battery last years, my lappy is 4 years old and the battery still lasts several hours on battery outside home because I practice the above.