Forum Display Mode

Cardinal Red

We had another forum participant today ask how to fix the Display Mode problem caused by doing a forum search via Google. As usual they were advised to use OPTIONS to select Standard Mode . Doesn't anybody except me use Linear+ Mode?

no :laughing:

What's the difference? I haven't noticed Linear+ earlier, but it seems to work just like standard.

What's the difference? I haven't noticed Linear+ earlier, but it seems to work just like standard.

Some time ago I noticed and just tried Linear+ out of curiosity. If a thread has 50 posts or less (only one page) I have not noticed any difference between Linear+ and Standard. But once a thread expands to two or more pages, in Linear+ the Original Post is still shown at the top of every page. Since the discussion is supposed to be guided by the Original Post I found that to be a welcome feature. But I don't remember anyone ever recommending it as a Display Mode option.

In Linear + mode, the original post appears at the top of each page of a multi-page thread.

As a forum moderator, I find this useful when wading through long debates, trying to decide if a post is off topic or if someone is mischaracterizing the topic starter's position.

In Linear + mode, the original post appears at the top of each page of a multi-page thread.

As a forum moderator, I find this useful when wading through long debates, trying to decide if a post is off topic or if someone is mischaracterizing the topic starter's position.

I was just comparing your post to the OPs and have decided that you are, in fact, on topic. :laughing: