New cache notification user defined parameters

Kit Fox

Greetings Groundspeak,

As a future upgrade, I would like user defined parameters in my new cache notifications.

In my case, I have staunch dislike for park & grab type caches, and don't care to receive emails each time a new "parking lot micro" is published. I would much rather have emails for caches that I prefer (terrain rating higher than 2 stars.) This system could be used by cachers who dislike hiking type caches, but enjoy easy caches.

Thanks for your time!

While we're at it:

Select a time range where notifications are sent out, instead of always-on (so I can get notices only between 6AM and 9 PM)

Multiple cache types per notification (so I don't have to set up 5 notifications, one for each cache type I want to be pinged about)

Greetings Groundspeak,

As a future upgrade, I would like user defined parameters in my new cache notifications.

In my case, I have staunch dislike for park & grab type caches, and don't care to receive emails each time a new "parking lot micro" is published. I would much rather have emails for caches that I prefer (terrain rating higher than 2 stars.) This system could be used by cachers who dislike hiking type caches, but enjoy easy caches.

Thanks for your time!

Excellent idea!

Here are my ideas to improve the Published Notification e-mail:

Idea 1:

=> add this informations to the email

- Name of the Owner ....sometimes you can locate a hidden cache, just by knowing who has hidden them

- Coordinates....i got the mail on my mobile phone but i is circuitously to get the right coordinates with the browser on the phone

- Difficulty and Terrain data

Idea 2:

=> The user can choose which infos he will get in the published email.

I think this helps you to be faster and is comfortable :laughing:

The idea to create just one notification for more than one cache type is also good. I like that idea ;)

Greetings from Austria

Team WantedDeadOrAlive

Coordinates won't be added to the notifications. You need to read the cache listing. There is often very important information which needs to be seen there. Things like "permission has been granted on this private land, but only during daylight hours" are common - if one of these caches is published at night, and you run out with just the coords, that makes all cachers look bad.

=> add this informations to the email

- Name of the Owner ..

Ditto on that

Also:

- HTML would be so much nicer :)

- Subject line: We love the admin's, but saying that they published the cache is not really very helpful. The owner's name would be better there. ie H.Abode placed SuperDuper (Traditional Cache)

- We just need one link - the link to the cache. I don't need to visit the log entry, or the admin profile. Those are already on the cache page.

- The link to change my notifications is okay, but only if you do HTML and put it off to the side and smaller than the link to the cache.

- Some might like the LOC | GPX | Send to GPS | Send to Phone buttons. This would help WantedDeadOrAlive get their coords, but also that necessary description.

Other than that it's perfect :sad: