Come Camp and Cache

c&s 143

Our local geocaching group (YoGO, York County Geocaching Organization) is working with our county Convention and Visitor Bureau to put together a camping and caching weekend to coincide with our town's spring festival (Come-See-Me). We already have preliminary work done such as a location (we have an ISLAND in the Catawba River!!) and will have 4 geo-events over the weekend. The events should be posted on geocaching.com in the next week or two.

The weekend will be Friday, April 16 to Sunday, April 18.

It will be at Camp Canaan in Rock Hill, SC.

There will be camping (tent/RV/bunkhouse), caching, a CITO, a 101, paddling and just lots of fun!

Once I have more details such as registration costs, meals, event GC numbers, etc, I will post it here. It will also be posted on our group's website at www.yogosc.org.

See ya!

Craig

C&S 143

Edited by c&s 143

Pray this seemingly ever present rain/precip cycle changes before then. If not, an island in the middle of the Catawba might be ticklish.

I'm about the same distance the other side of Charlotte as you are on your side so I know.. :lol:;)

Is there going to be some kind of transportation back and forth to the island for those non boat owners??

Pray this seemingly ever present rain/precip cycle changes before then. If not, an island in the middle of the Catawba might be ticklish.

I'm about the same distance the other side of Charlotte as you are on your side so I know.. :lol:;)

Is there going to be some kind of transportation back and forth to the island for those non boat owners??

No boat needed there is road and bridge to the island. The camp has not been "washed away" yet and you will be amazed at what this place has to offer. We were pleasantly surprised during the planning meeting.

No boat needed there is road and bridge to the island. The camp has not been "washed away" yet and you will be amazed at what this place has to offer. We were pleasantly surprised during the planning meeting.

As Mike mentioned, there is a bridge. The island has VERY nice, new facilities. They host boy scout camps, summer camps, etc. It is a big island too. I think it is a few hundred acres but don't know the exact size. I will get more details and pass it along.

Craig

Just wanted to promote these events again. We have more information for the main event which is listed first below. Come camp with us the weekend of April 16th to 18th!

GC249J8 - YoGO's Camp & Cache Celebration

GC249HT - Be Seen Green with YoGO

GC248TQ - Come-See-Me Spring Paddling GeoEvent

GC248T3 - Come-See-Me Geocaching 101

Hope to see you there!

Craig

C&S 143

There is less than 1 week until our Camp and Cache weekend begins! Check out www.yogosc.org/csm2010 for details.

Signal will be there! We will also have a brand new geocoin to give away! Come find out how to get one!

Hope to see you there!

Craig

www.yogosc.org

This sounds like a blast and wish we could pack up geo-camper (its a TB too check it out on our 10 yrs event page GC25GDD) and come visit but my son's prom is that weekend so its not possible. I'd love to try to come another time if you plan another campout like this one. Have fun!

Janet

PS I'd love to know more about your coin, please send a message to us at fatkidsotwunite@yahoo.com if there's a possibility we can get one :wub:

Edited by fatkidsOTWunite