CHILDHOOD FRIEND

lorca.nl

i realise that it`s been a long time that i did a cointest and thought that it would be nice to do one............

as everybody know soon it`s Valentine again and that day is for show your beloved onezzzzzz how much you LOVE them ............

normaly it`s your man or wife mam or dad brother or sister childeren auntzz unclezzz friendzzzz but what about our childhood friendzzzzz ?????????

when i was a child we went to France each year on holiday just mam me brother and dog hihihi......

there i meet a boy and we where a two of a pair we where two rebelzzzz and we where best friendzzzzz..........

but when our childhood had to change for adulthood we lost each other but he is still in my heart and will be there for ever..............

i know he is a angel now but sometimes i hear a song and when i hear it then i`m back in my childhood again ...............

so i thought it would be nice to do a cointest where you share uzzz your special song that remind you of your childhood friend and honor your friendship with him/her this Valentine to.........

the rules are simple ...........

maybe you`re marry with him/her...........

maybe you`re still friendzzzzz........................

maybe you lost each other out if sight..................

the only thing you have to do is tell uzzzzzz what song bringzz you back in your childhood again and why he/she was your best friend............

pic`zzzzzzz are alow but not necesry ..............

the cointest endzzzz on Thursday 04~02~2010 at 17:00 ducth time so that i have enough time to send it on time for Valentine.............

i don`t tell what coin you can win that will be a suprise but i give you all a hint........

LOVE ............... and no it`s NOT the sweetheart coin ;-)

Great idea for a cointest! Lets see................

My best friend for quite a few years was named Jennifer. What song immediately popped into my head was Jessie's Girl by Rick Springfield :):o I don't know why exactly except that was a huge hit when we were about 11 or 12 and that was at the height of our friendship. We ended up going to different middle schools and eventually just lost touch :( I have no idea where she is now...............

Thanks for the cointest Anne :D

my best friend was a girl called dawn smith. we became friends when we were about 8 years old. we lived a few streets away from each other but never went to the same junior or senior schools as each other, so in our spare time we used to hang out alot and confide in each other.

when we were about 14 years old her and her family moved away across the other side of the country. we wrote to each other for about a year and then somehow we lost contact for ever.

i have always missed her friendship as after her i never had any more friends, only acquaintances. i have always thought of her and a couple of years ago i tried to find a way to track her down via a national television teletext page for finding old friends, but nothing ever happened.

i still wish i could find her again even if only to have a gossip and share our lifes paths.

i miss her as i never connected with any other person enough to trust as a close friend.

My best friend was Chuckie-dood.

When I was 5 or so my family moved to a neighborhood that had a few kids my age. There was a family that lived next door that had kids the same age as my family. There was Sue Sue, Chuckie-dood and Theresa in their family. It was only natural since the ages lined up that we ended up friends.

Also in the neighborhood was another family that had kids the same age but they didn't quite live next door. They had a son named Chucky which is how Chuckie-dood got his name. Nobody called him chuck because his dads name was Chuck.

Chuckie-dood was not quite right in the head. He had some sort of mental illness that led to all kinds of trouble for us. Our parents met for the first time when my dad was taking Chuckie-dood to his parents after having to put out a fire that (we)he had started. My parents became best friends with his parents. The trouble kept going for a long time. I mean all sorts of trouble but we were best friends.

One day Chuckie-doods parents decided to move out of state and it was really hard to imagine my friend gone. It wasn't long before my family moved as well because the economy was better and my dad was going to go into business with Chuckie-dood's dad.

We were back to being best friends and back to getting into all sorts of trouble. The trouble we got into was abruptly stopped when we entered high school. High school makes for big changes in people's lives and we just didn't have much time to hang out anymore since we went to completely different types of schools. As i said, Chuckie-dood had a mental illness so we were in completely different types of high school. The funny thing is before high school it never even seemed odd that we never went to the same school.

Well, we were still friends but we started drifting the opposite directions. He ended up following his dream of marrying a dwarf and I ended up raising a family of my own. The last time I saw him he was barely functioning but had just had a daughter with his dwarf wife.

The song "Bye Bye Miss American Pie" is what reminds me of my friend. It was the song he would repeatedly sing when we were out chasing lizards at the levy by his house after he moved the first time. It drove me nuts because I hadn't heard the song till a couple years later. He would just go on and on with "Bye Bye Miss American Pie, Drove my Chevy to the levy but the levy was dry" and that was all he could remember of the song

I would give Chuckie-dood credit for helping me become who I am, both the good and the bad.

Edited by bittsen

Vicki and I were best friends as long as I can remember. We grew up together a few houses apart. I have many memories of the fun we had way back when. One time we decided we would make a snowball in her yard and roll it down the street to my house to make a small ski hill. (Dirt road and no snowplows) Very quickly it got too big for the two of us to handle. Before too long we had most of the kids in the neighborhood helping us roll it down the middle of the street to my house. Cars couldn't get by and had to back up and take a different road. We finally got it close to my yard but we didn't get it past the ditch where it cracked in half after all that work. When it broke we found one kid's mitten. I know I have some pictures of that thing somewhere. We all had a great time doing it but I know the people trying to drive by didnt' think too much of it at all.

Vicki fell in love with the Beatles and soon I did too. Her mother wouldn't allow her to have any records at all. Vicki bought a Beatles single and left it at my house to play when she was there. That was great with me because I could play it all the time! Somehow her mother found out and she got in big trouble for that. Vicki loved the Manfred Mann song "Do Wah Diddy Diddy" and everytime I hear it I remember her singing and dancing to it all the time.

She was my maid of honor at my wedding. I was also her matron of honor at her wedding. A few years later they moved because of her husband's job. We didn't keep in touch very often and then lost touch completely. About 3-4 years ago I decided to track her down. They had moved several times by then but I was persistent and finally found her using google I think. Our lives had taken different directions but I am very glad that I decided to look for her.

Oh!!! :angry: I surely remember some things from the time I was a child, and not only... If I am allowed, I would like to post 2 stories...and my good friend Lorca can deside which one will be in! :)

I remember when I was in love with a girl and she was younger than me!! She was in the same team I was playing volley (she was in the women's team, I was in the ment's one!) and just because she was younger (she was 15 or 16 if I remember well.. I was in my 20's) we were hiding from the others! :) We didn't want to become the team's news! :)

We were so in love! So in love that we smetimes we felt that we were the only ones on Earth! It was... well I am sure you felt that way at least once in your life too! :D

I was walking some Km just to see her for 10 minutes when I couldn't see her normally.... I didn't care if it was raining, freezing.. I was waiting outside of her prep school and I was walking her until some meters from her house! we were afraid of her dad! (police officer!!!) :D I didn't care for anything! these 10 minutes I could see her meant everything to me! I even went under heavy rain to see her even if I was very ill! I waited, waited but that day, her dad came and took her! :)

One day... her parents found out! We had to stop! :o We were both crying for that in our last sycret meeting! we knew that this could hapen but we lived for the moment...we hoped that this day wouldn't come!! We had a song that we loved and till now... when I hear it my mind goes back to her! Maybe... a small scar with her name in my heart left unhealed! the song was a kind of prophesy.... it was the song of the Bodyguard movie with kevin Costner! It was the "I will always love you"! the lyricks of the song talk about a seperation of a couple but the love between them will never die...

Before we leave.. I gave her a promise! I thought I would keep it for ever but I didn't and I feel sorry for that! I promised her that I will always be there for her, always watch her and care for her, protect her so nothing bad will happen to her... :( We got lost... she left for her studies... other people came in our lives! sometimes I hear or I am trying to learn things about her... but I haven't seen her from that time...

I had given her a promise that I would always be there for her as her guarding angel, but I didn't kept it! :D I feel bad for that! I know now, that some words during love are just words, but when you say them you really mean them!.....

.... Her name was Vicky!

Edited by GATOULIS

since we talk about friendship too.... I will tell a story here, but... I am afraid it is a sad one! :D

As a child I had many good friends! we lost eachother when I or the were changing addresses, houses etc...

As a child I had a good friend and we were always together! His name was Spyros! He had 2 other youger brothers too! We were all a team and played! It was fun! Spyros was at the same age with me, so we were closer! I remember when we were playing war with other children, when we were out to explore areas... when we were playing football.. and all that until I was 7 years old! when I was that age, we lft from this city area to go to an other one far away!

Spyros family and my family lived in the old, medieval city and things were not so good! I mean.. the house, the comforts.. so when we got a chance.. we moved to a better house! Spyrow and his brothers stayed back so we got lost! I saw him once again in high school but he had changed! He was still Spyrow but something was.... he didn't study his lessons, his new friends were strange..... he was.... It was like we were living in 2 different worlds now! I know that this is sad, but it is true! Of course we were still talking laughing etc, but we were not as we used to be... the best friends that are always together!

My mother was seeing him and his brothers, mother etc and I remember that one day she told me that Spyrow and one of his brothers (the next older one) were not so good! they were looking at you like they are lost...

Oh she was right... Spyros died becasue of drugs! then ext year his brother died from the same reason too! Only the third the younger son left in the family!

when I heard it I felt so sad! His life and his brother's life went wasted because of drugs! Her mother was in bad condition! she was desperate! she started helping other families so their kids will not have the same fate with her boys!

I remember a song, a greek one that I heard when I heard the year Spyros died! I connected this song with him!

I will translate it just to see what I am talking about!

I hadn't seen you for two years

but I met you again a Sunday

you were treated ouzo and koniak in the cafe

and you were wearing your best clothes..like it was a celebration

you were not in the army so I can wish you "good citizen" (*The army time to end soon and he will be a citizen again!)

But it was not your birthday so I can tell you Happy birthday (we actually say .. Many years (to live))

madhouse and jail, 2 years and 6 months...

I drunk the ouzo and said.. good bye!!!

I know you asked for a job in thousands of employers

and all of them were asking to see papers and where you worked before..

But when they saw that you had the yellow paper (papers from lail.. I think)

they throw you away like a dog and they didn't even let you say..

an excuse!

and at the beggining you said ok... and started searching for a job in an other place

and an other and an other but everywhere it was tha same...

But you were so unlucky because t was the season

where everybody were tight (economically) and you had the yellow paper too

and this color you know... brings allergy to them!

and the feaver was coming every night

it was torturing you summer and winter

and it is a terrible torture , this dirty bad habit

that you learned in the jail

that tall guy from Drapetsona (name of a place)

and you miss the white powder and you know it is not your fault

fires are burning your body

spoon and needle....

and you were patient because you were afaid of the cell

you were treating good to the lonelyness and the lime that was falling

like snow from the ceilling

and until your soul comes out, you will never forget a moment...

a night in the jail... yelling and crying

and the next morning they said that in the cell 15

the old ones (in the jail) raped the teenager called Fanis (name)

And when they found you freezed in your cell

they said... he is dead a long time now

and someone run to give a call from the phone...

I know that you were suffering for 5 weeks now

I know that you were missing the white powder..

...and you were saing to me... I will not go back in there

I am digust of the "white nights"

I want to live like a normal man

I haven't seen you for two years..

and I met you again a Sunday!

you were treating ouzo and koniak in the cafe

and you were wearing your best clothes like it was a celebration..... :D

So.. you can see why this song reminds me of my friend! It takes me back when we were kids, when we werre happy an innocent, without any problems in our minds....

Her mother hadn't seen me for many years! She saw me the summer of 2009! It was in a celebration! She and her husband were selling fruits in a festival! she asked my mother if I was Nikos! She stared at me for a while and then she started crying! she wanted to hug me but we couldn't!

I know that in me, she saw Spyros! I was in the same age with him so... she looked how her son would be if he was alive and healthy!

I felt so bad!!! So sad... so... :D

I will never forget that look! The look a mother that lost her son.... the look of my lost friend's mother! :(

Sorry if my story is a sad one... maybe it is not the best for that cointest....

Lorca... my dear friend.. thank you so much for your great cointest!!! :)

I have a song that we use to sing when we were younger...I grew up in a family with nine kids, 7 were girls so we had our own built in childhood friends! We had to make our own entertainment back in the 70's so when Dad and Mom would pile us all in the station wagon which could have been for a trip to the store or to the nearest camp ground for a weekend of relaxation. The baby, Susie always sat in the front between mom and dad but the rest of us either got to be one of lucky ones who got the window seat or sat in the way back. Dad would roll down the back window a ways before we set out on our journey. Usually it was me and my two younger sisters who would sit back there and sing "who stole the cookie from the cookie jar? Number 1 stole the cookie from the cookie jar. Who me? yes you. not me! then who...number 2 stole the cookie from the cookie jar..." and so it continued through out the whole trip. My Dad passed away this last October, but when he talked about things from the past he always brought up the cookie jar song and we would laugh about how badly it drove him crazy on those trips. I will always cherish the memories of singing in the back of that old green stationwagon with my Dad at the wheel.

Vicki (aka catsnfish)

I do have a friend from my childhood that I miss and think of often. After my parents divorce, I moved to a farming community and went to a small rural school to begin grade one. Of course all of the kids there had been there since kindergarten so I was the odd person out until about grade three. It was tough trying to fit in, but then one day there was a new girl and we hit it off right away. We were inseparable for four years until grade seven when we were bussed into the city to go to the larger junior high. We grew up together and grew apart as things happen...through at least 3 of those years we would alternate weekends at each others' houses so we got quite close as there is not much to do on a farm but grow closer. Apart from wearing the same clothes we would choreograph dance steps to songs and perform 'air bands' together, one especially sticks out in my mind and every time I hear the song "Faith" by George Michael I think of her and remember our steps....

I got in touch with her just before I moved to Australia, but after that we lost touch again.

My best bud and I met in High School. We have been best friends ever since. The song which reminds me of her is Nights in White Satin by Moody Blues - which came out the year we graduated from High School. It was very popular and played at our prom. Linda and her sister have chased the band all over the US going to concerts.

There are so many tales and things we did together, I could write a book. But, we have stayed Best Friends!

This year we celebrated a milestone Birthday together by taking a cruise. She caches too and we cached in every port. Here is a picture of Church-hill in Juneau AK finding a cache - c920fd90-1d8d-4e78-9104-a84db26cb3bf.jpg Another of her in Skagway AK d63de802-e5e4-4888-8a2f-3b7506534ed1.jpg and me at the same cache location b5f642e1-dafd-47c5-b7f9-59e76bb1776d.jpg

Thanks for the cointest.

I was about 4 when my then very shy self saw a really cute boy about my age playing next door while his dad the handyman worked. One of my older sisters found out who he was and got us to play together. From that day and for the rest of that summer we were inseparable. Winter came and I did not see him again until the next spring and again for that whole summer we were inseparable and it went on that way for a couple more years. Then he never came around again and I had no idea what happened to him. Then one day while my dad was in the hospital, his dad was across the hall(I was now 8 and my dad was very sick). His dad had been burned in a truck fire. He came into my dads room and all we did was look at each other but never said a word except Hi. I never saw or heard from Chris again after that, his dad recovered, my dad passed away the following year.

I still often wonder what ever became of Christopher "Teapot" Greene I had heard that he went back to live with his Mother in California. I wonder if he has any memories of those summers before girls had cooties.

Chris if by some off chance you read this and recognize it, I would like to get in contact with you again, it has been 34 long years and I am sure a lot has changed.