Archived cache found without GPS and other odd stories

weathernowcast

Uncollected archived caches are called geo-trash. There's a good chance that all the other parts of that multi are still out there. The older the game gets, the more folks drift away from the game, the more it falls on the rest of us to follow up on things.

Dude you just ratted the guy out in a public forum for not picking up a dead cache. B)

Uncollected archived caches are called geo-trash. There's a good chance that all the other parts of that multi are still out there. The older the game gets, the more folks drift away from the game, the more it falls on the rest of us to follow up on things.

Dude you just ratted the guy out in a public forum for not picking up a dead cache. B)

mac,

not at all actually--and I would not do that.

he did not know there was a container remaining in the field associated with this cache

the first four stages are just POINTS--not containers. it was an exercise in orienteering

the fifth stage (final) was reported to be MIA so he thought it was not in the field

In fact it is still there (perhaps at a different location).

I also contacted the CO. I think the cache should be unarchived as it is fully functional. Otherwise i will either pick up the container or create a new cache with it--perhaps in its existing format.

Edited by weathernowcast