Does anyone go caching when it's raining?

ItisTrue

I want to know if anyone goes caching when it's raining?

And do you prefer going when it's raining?

What about other weather conditions? (snow, hail, storm, tornado, earthquake.. etc.)

:D um. it was raining today, but we had a couple hours to kill... General observation.. fewer muggles in the rain, so it may become our favorite time to fetch from high muggle areas.

Up in the clouds, where the rain forms, the humidity is 100%. Down on the ground, where the raindrops keep falling on my head, the humidity is not necessarily 100%. As the raindrops fall into the less-humid air, some of them will evaporate and increase the humidity. They will not usually increase it to 100%.

In fact, it's raining at the Raleigh-Durham airport right this very minute. The temperature is 36 F, the dew point is 30F, and the relative humidity is 81%.

Over in Charlotte, it's not raining right now. But the relative humidity there is 93%.

Well, split hairs if you will, but every time it rains where I live, it's humid enough to stop my sweat from evaporating, making me saturated. Ergo no geocaching in the rain for me. End of story.

Edited by DENelson83

Caching in the rain? Of course. (Not reading the whole thread).

I just started on Jan 1, so I've had many rainy days. I've had to go into the rain if I wanted a FTF or to keep my consecutive days with a find going. I have 10 FTF's so far and about half have been in the rain. I've added baggies and even taken stuff home to dry it.

Raincaching is ok with me.

As a hider of a lot of caches I wish folks would find something else to do on a really rainy day. A " perfect" cache container is waterproff.........if you get the log wet or even damp ( which you will surely do if its raining) its going to stay that way and get moldy. There are many cachers who change out wet logs when they find them ( I carry a sack full, in ziplocks ) but there are even more who will log a needs maint-wet log and move on.