Why can't I?

The Growler

This happens to me from time to time. The site seems fast, then suddenly seems to hang for a long time (wait for minutes - sometimes I'm forced to reload pages). Then it will be fast for a while. This happens from a variety of browsers (Mainly Firefox and Chrome), a variety of OSs (MacOS X, Linux), and many different ISPs.

I can only conclude that its the website itself that has issues - probably issues handling traffic (my experience at website administrating tells me that the situation is not helped by them running Windows Server 2008 and IIS 7.0 I am sure- thats just a guess tho so I could be completely wrong. - not trying to start an OS flame war)

Anyhoo. If it is occasionally slow it may be the above reasons. If it NEVER works (which it sounds like is happening) then it could be several things, some easier to troubleshoot that others. The quickest thing to check is to clear your browser cache. In Firefox its typically under preferences somewhere. You could also try using another browser (IE in Windows, Safari on Mac, dozens of choices if you use Linux).

Any other troubleshooting would require knowing which OS you use, and the specific version of Firefox you are running.