Coordinates for Burnside Bridge near Sharpsburg MD

Zurfco

I am hoping to do some caching while on a float down Antietem Creek with a friend soon. I went to do a pocket query, but I don't have the coordinates for that location or know how to get them without actually going there. I tried looking on Google Maps, but didn't see how to get coordinates.

So, if anyone can suggest to me a way to find coordinates using internet map resources, that'd be great. Or if anyone happens to know the coordinates to Burnside Bridge and can e-mail them or personal message them to me, I'd be grateful.

Thanks,

Zurfco

I am hoping to do some caching while on a float down Antietem Creek with a friend soon. I went to do a pocket query, but I don't have the coordinates for that location or know how to get them without actually going there. I tried looking on Google Maps, but didn't see how to get coordinates.

So, if anyone can suggest to me a way to find coordinates using internet map resources, that'd be great. Or if anyone happens to know the coordinates to Burnside Bridge and can e-mail them or personal message them to me, I'd be grateful.

Thanks,

Zurfco

Google maps... right click, then click "What's Here?" on the pop-up menu. The search bar will then show the coordinates in decimal degrees.

Thanks,

Zurfco

For stuff like this I've used ExpertGPS. First find a cache in the general area using the Hide and Seek a Cache page (search by town name). Select one of the caches, select "GPX Exchange File" (a LOC file can work just as well here), then open up the waypoint using ExpertGPS. Then find the feature you're looking either using the Topo Map or Satellite View and use the Waypoint tool. That's show you the coordinates.

This virtual cache (Coffee Boy) seems to be close to where you want to be.

I would think the creek would be frozen this time of year. <_<

You'd think wrong. It's not only not frozen but running sufficiently high for paddling. Just barely.

Thanks for the ideas guys. I didn't find any caches nearby the creek itself so won't be able to participate on this trip. I did find some near the Potomac River, of which Antietem Creek is a tributary, for future opportunities.

- Zurfco