How to delete a gallery image from a cache page

steve p

I uploaded a new gallery image for one of my own cache pages. I then realized that you can't click on a gallery image to view it in its full size (clicking the image just takes me back to the cache page). So I added the image through a log and now one can click the image (the 2nd one uploaded to a log) to view the image in its original size.

Now I have the same image shown twice on the gallery of cache page. So how can I delete the one I don't need? There is nothing when viewing the gallery to delete an image.

Thanks for any ideas.

I uploaded a new gallery image for one of my own cache pages. I then realized that you can't click on a gallery image to view it in its full size (clicking the image just takes me back to the cache page). So I added the image through a log and now one can click the image (the 2nd one uploaded to a log) to view the image in its original size.

Now I have the same image shown twice on the gallery of cache page. So how can I delete the one I don't need? There is nothing when viewing the gallery to delete an image.

Thanks for any ideas.

Here's what works for me:

Go to my Gallery

Double click photo-this takes me to the cache page

Click edit photo

Click the trash can in the top right corner

That seems to have worked. I had to double-click what I thought was the correct image to get the ability to click the trash can, which is why I was having the problem yesterday. But for whatever reason doing this seems to have deleted the incorrect image, which is what I wanted to do.

Thanks mr007s!

I'm interested to find this posting as I came looking for a solution to the problem that a number of cache pages have important clues presented as thumbnails of the full info available on the gallery. That is to say should be available but, as you say clicking the image returns you to the cahe page without displaying the full size image. Only seems to happen for the author's images and not those uploaded when logging finds.

Why is this?

Can I do anything about it?

I'm interested to find this posting as I came looking for a solution to the problem that a number of cache pages have important clues presented as thumbnails of the full info available on the gallery. That is to say should be available but, as you say clicking the image returns you to the cahe page without displaying the full size image. Only seems to happen for the author's images and not those uploaded when logging finds.

Why is this? Can I do anything about it?

I think the difference is that if an image is uploaded as part of a log then it can be clicked to view in larger format. If you're the owner of the cache then you'll have to create a new "Note" (or edit an older existing note that you may have created) and then attach the image to the "Note" log entry. People logging as a find do the same thing to add a clickable image, i.e. the image is part of the log entry.

Why is this?

Can I do anything about it?

You can fix that by uploading the images under a note, or any of your old logs. I don't think it will display as a thumbnail on the Cache Description though.

Edited by WRITE SHOP ROBERT