first to finds

The Hobbyts

You just get that warm fuzzy feeling of being first. Occasionally you might find a FTF prize (a badge, or even an unactivated geocoin), but these are at the discretion of the cache owner and aren't the norm.

Alot of people list their FTF's on their profile, either by typing them in manually or using a stats generator like FindStatsGen in GSAK.

Its just the thought of being the First to find it, no one else has left a trail to it, put a lot of sticks over it or a pile of stones to make it that bit easier to locate. We have in the past picked up a Rosette with 1st on it, a FTF Badge, a FTF coin, and a £1. Our best was an unactivated Blackpool Coin which is still going around the World being enjoyed. Some had nothing. Its just the fact that you were the FTF as simple as that. :laughing::angry::ph34r::D Your also the first usually to find out that their co-ords are wrong as well............another story! :signalviolin::laughing:

Apart from all the reasons listed above you also have the warm fuzzy feeling of knowing that you got it with out anyone else telling you how to find it. You worked it out all by yourself :laughing::laughing::signalviolin:

If there is a FTF really close, I'll make the effort to grab it.. I like trying to beat others to it! But I must admit, I haven't done it many times. There were a couple of new caches quite close to home, and me and Amberel shared the honours that evening.. One each!

I have left a few unactivated TB's in caches I have set. Not to encourage the FTF hounds, but merely as a "thank you for making the effort to find MY cache"!!!