Cache type colour code

DENelson83

To make different cache types really stand out, I'd like to see a consistent colour code implemented on geocaching.com—especially on the maps—for all of them:

Traditional: Green

Multi-cache: Yellow

Mystery/puzzle: Blue

Letterbox hybrid: Orange (cache icon should be coloured orange to match)

Earthcache: Brown

Wherigo: Aqua

Event: Red

CITO: Pale blue

Nooooo! Some of us have abnormal colour vision (approx one in eight males and a lesser proportion of females). Your idea might work for the majority but it would make the site considerably less accessible for people like me. Besides which, it's already obvious which cache type something is from the icon. So I can't see that anything would be gained from colour-coding the labels.

JMHO,

Geoff

To make different cache types really stand out, I'd like to see a consistent colour code implemented on geocaching.com—especially on the maps—for all of them:

No thanks.

Edited by Prime Suspect

I had to highlight "Multi-cache: Yellow" in order to read it.

It isn't that I can't identify the color, it is just difficult for me to see it with any sharpness as it increases in brightness. :huh::blink::mad::( I can see the color and make out the the black detail but they all have a halo that bugs the shat outta me. Sucks when I'm trying to identify bladderworts by flower so I don't disturb the main plant.

More than enough yellow on the site for me, thank you.

I got orange issues too, tho not as bad.

Do you have a good reason for wanting it like that? "stand out" in my opinion is not a good reason, as the icons already do a good job at making them stand out. Then you have filtering which further helps them to stand out.