server error message

bth8503

I have been caching for about a year. I am trying to head out today but seem to have some problems. I am just a basic member and use use the send to gps link on geocaching.com. Today I am geetting the following message and can't figure out why - any ideas?

500 - Internal server error.

There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed.

I spoke with Groundspeak this morning about the problem. It is in fact on their end. They indicated dut to the fact it is a widespread problem, their developers are working on it and will hopefully have it back up soon. They could not give a timeframe. (I am in the same boat)

Hope that helps a bit.

whew. i thought it was my windows 7 upgrade.

Same problem...but I thought it was because I had installed GSAK, and the "association" screwed it up. I hope that is not the case. I would still like to download directly from the cache page without having to go through GSAK.

soarfoot

I'm glad to see that I am not the only one who is experiencing this problem! ;)

I looked for updates, thinking that was the problem, and updated a newer version for my Garmin, and still had the same message:

"500 - Internal server error.

There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed."

I was starting to get worried that I'd have to remove and reload all the software.

Hopefully they get it figured out soon!

I'm getting the same issue, I was trying to load my GPS for a trip to Houston. A work around, but not ideal, is to input the Coords manually into your GPS :rolleyes:

I may do it for a few, just so I can do some hunting here in Houston.

This message comes up when I click on "Send to GPS"

500 - Internal server error.

There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed.

Using all, Firefox, Safari, and Explorer ;)

Edited by PapaSunny