Mapsource 6.13.7 after CN2010 upgrade?

csacsa

Yes, you can.

I have a program to reconvert 2010 maps to Mapsource 6.13

I know, I did not want to get into a complicated discussion. That application is quite buggy...

I'm running Mapsource ver 6.13.7. If I upgrade to City Navigator 2010 it will install a later version of Mapsource. Can I reinstall ver 6.13.7?

Why would you want to do this?

Because there are still problems with 6.15.7

I know it's not showing the transparent color on icons as being transparent. I handle that by simply ignoring it, since it has zero effect on the actual usage of the program. What other bugs are there?

Actually that has been fixed.

The worst thing is the map projections that assume everyone lives at latitude 35....

I know it's not showing the transparent color on icons as being transparent. I handle that by simply ignoring it, since it has zero effect on the actual usage of the program. What other bugs are there?

Actually that has been fixed.

The worst thing is the map projections that assume everyone lives at latitude 35....

As has been stated before, that's not a bug. It's a compromise that has to be made in order to show a round world on a flat screen.

As has been stated before, that's not a bug. It's a compromise that has to be made in order to show a round world on a flat screen.

No it is not....

With 6.13.7, they use the latitude at the center of the current view to determine the pixel width. Thus in the center of the view, the display is not distorted and distorts more to the top and bottom. As you zoom in, the distortion decreases. In 6.14+, they have chosen to not adjust the width calculation and fix it to the width at latitude 35 degrees. This is unnacceptable for viewing at high latitudes. Go to Norway and see if you agree...

Regardless of YOUR opinion, the Garmin Mapsource team has already agreed to fix the problem for the 6.16 release. :rolleyes: