Praise a CO thread.

Ok guys,

This is difficult to do with the society we live in but I know we can. Use this thread to tell everyone what a good job a CO is doing and I don't mean "good cache", I'm talking about things like being considerate of the location, promptly retrieving a cache when the listing gets archived, keeping their caches stocked, never letting logs get full. Stuff like that. So many exhibit love of the game and expect nothing in return, it is time we show them some love, and how knows, it may inspire others to correct their behaviors.

I think I'll leave this sort of things for my logs where they are much more likely to see it.

I have yet to see any praise other than towards the cache itself in logs.

Can you site examples where you have?

Do you go to an archived cache listing and say "Thanks for removing the container so quickly" ?

Maybe there is a cache you use as a TB/coin drop and you notice that the swag is consistently of a higher quality than is normal for the area, showing the CO is diligent in maintaining said quality. Do you mention this in your drop notes?

Like I said, this isn't for "Great Cache", "Thanks for this awesome cache", "Slick Container" or other common logs, this is about "Thanks for doing what is right" "Thanks for going above an beyond"...

I hope, somebody who is getting dejected because they work so hard on keeping things right when those around them make Ronco caches (set it and forget it) well see that the grater community enjoys more than a good hunt.

I hope, that somebody on the edge will get the praise they need to keep them from becoming Ronco cache owners.

I know, that the honey effect is the only way to reach some people especially in a forum so full of vinegar. *casts head down in guilt*

You could with slightly more effort make a post here, click the post number to get the direct link to it, and put the link in your log.

Ok guys,

This is difficult to do with the society we live in but I know we can. Use this thread to tell everyone what a good job a CO is doing and I don't mean "good cache", I'm talking about things like being considerate of the location, promptly retrieving a cache when the listing gets archived, keeping their caches stocked, never letting logs get full. Stuff like that. So many exhibit love of the game and expect nothing in return, it is time we show them some love, and how knows, it may inspire others to correct their behaviors.

IMHO... I don't care how well "joecacher" maintains his caches in MI, or NY, or AK, or overseas. I'll never do those caches. So a thread specifically for kudos is a waste of bandwidth to me.

Asking to be stroked? I don't think so.

That has no place in this thread, it is the kind of common crap we constantly see in the forums. But I'll bite.

With only one active to my name? I don't think so. If I had 10 like it? Nope!

You can't catch Vater Araignee with honey, you try that and he will be at his cache every day wondering when your going to kill it.

I do however recognize that not everyone is like me, I also see a lot of young people that require this kind of thing, sooooooooo...

I ask, stick with the spirit of the thread or don't post.

I will try: thank you to Ariel in Providence, RI, who has been patient with me, answering questions and making constructive suggestions. She also works to maintain her caches, and has hidden a nice series of them downtown that were a great way for me and an officemate to get good exercise this past summer. Very classy!

- Will

In my area (well, Wisconsin, actually), Spike2007 is so concienscious about maintaining his caches that some of us tease him about it. You almost hate to post a DNF on one of his caches, because you just know that he'll be running out to it after work.

But really, most cachers in my area are pretty good about maintaining their caches.