Now I Know what it feels like!

Turtle_Sask

I have been in this hobby for almost 1 year now and I have hidden 7 caches. And found almost 200 caches. I have put tremendous thought in to where I put my caches so that this does not happen. My cache was a ammo can that I put lots of good swag. I put it in some bushes where I would have thought no one would have gone. But it still managed to get muggled! Just needed to rant a little bit to get some anger out!

An ammo cans would be painful, at an average of 6-8 dollars give or take. That doesn't even count the amount of swag. I have not had an Ammo go missing but I have had several others go missing. I am sorry that happened to you. Don't let it stop you but I feel like it ALMOST makes me understand people place Tupperware in the desert.

Sorry to hear of your "muggling"... that's the most frustrating part of this hobby/sport for me. I have around 40 hides, several of them having been replaced due to muggles. When I hide a new cache, I always keep it in my head that it won't be around forever. If you think of your hides as temporary gifts to the caching community it makes it easier to deal when one goes missing. Usually I give a cache two replacements, then archive it. So far I've archived three.

Be sure to prominently display a stash note in each of your hides. At least that way you have a chance at a non-cacher leaving it where they found it.

As for hiding it where a non-cacher would NEVER find it... I don't think that place exists! :P

Edited by sheppardnik