PQ problem

Bus&Betty

I've been trying to create some new pocket queries. Last night, I finished a couple and did a preview using the map function, but all the program did was sit there with the little message saying "Requesting Geocaches..." It's still doing the same thing this morning.

I had one pocket query run this morning, but I got a message saying there were zero caches within my query (I know for sure there's over 400 in my search parameters).

I'm good, as I have a bunch stored with GSAK, but this is kind of annoying. Does anyone know what's going on with Groundspeak?

You have conflicting requirements in your Pocket Query: "Are available to all users" and "Are for members only". As a result, you get no results, as a cache can't be both PMO and not PMO.

Yes, Route PQs are a separate process. I just checked and saw that it was hung. I have restarted it and the route PQs are now generating. Sorry for the delay; they should start arriving shortly!

Bike man, is there no monitoring system set up to check for these hangs? Must it be done manually? Can you not just have the service restart like cpanel does with key services when they hang?

We have that. Unfortunately, some recent code changes have broken the system.

I've been trying to create some new pocket queries. Last night, I finished a couple and did a preview using the map function, but all the program did was sit there with the little message saying "Requesting Geocaches..." It's still doing the same thing this morning.

I had one pocket query run this morning, but I got a message saying there were zero caches within my query (I know for sure there's over 400 in my search parameters).

I'm good, as I have a bunch stored with GSAK, but this is kind of annoying. Does anyone know what's going on with Groundspeak?

You have conflicting requirements in your Pocket Query: "Are available to all users" and "Are for members only". As a result, you get no results, as a cache can't be both PMO and not PMO.

Well, now, I feel kind of foolish. :P:D I was noticing that I wasn't getting the Members only caches, so I clicked on that option. Thanks for the help.

Have the PQ servers fallen over again? or is a just a backlog?

None of my PQs queued at around 15:30 Monday Seattle time have yet arrived, and now it's Tuesday Seattle time.

If the Monday queries do eventually arrive on Tuesday, they will come out of my Tuesday quota.