Instant PQ from map

Rhialto

Hello,

I Dream of this and I want to share it... <_<

It happen to me more than once that I use the maps to spot a place I plan to visit and I look at what caches are available. I always wanted to be able to use the mouse and select a spot with an expanding circle or square and get a PQ of that selection.

The way I do it now (and let me know if there is a faster way) is that I write down the ID of the cache in the middle of the spot I'm looking at, then go to create a new PQ selecting type of caches, etc. then at the end I enter the cache ID to gather all cache around within a radius.

While if it was available right from the map with the cache type already selected (since it is available already) it would be MUCH faster and fun than ever to select caches you want to throw in the GPSr.

Maybe that is not possible and is a limitation from Google or something, that's why I'm asking.

Can it be done? If it's no, that's fine. If it's yes then maybe in 2010? :D

There is already a link on the map that says Create Pocket Query. Click it an it creates a PQ with the center of the map and a radius determined by the zoom level. It currently doen't select the cache type or hide found or owned caches. It would be nice if it did that, but it does display the PQ page and you can select these items manually before saving the PQ.

There is already a link on the map that says Create Pocket Query. Click it an it creates a PQ with the center of the map and a radius determined by the zoom level. It currently doen't select the cache type or hide found or owned caches. It would be nice if it did that, but it does display the PQ page and you can select these items manually before saving the PQ.

Ditto. Never used that feature before, but just confirmed it's there. Pretty cool!