Finding Comments on Oregon 400t

jndickin

So we did several caches using our new Oregon 400t and I had figured out how to "log my attempt" and leave a comment. Now I can't figure out how to actually see the comments I wrote. That's where I put the little details like what we took and left. Does anyone know how to get to these?

Thanks for your help, folks!

So we did several caches using our new Oregon 400t and I had figured out how to "log my attempt" and leave a comment. Now I can't figure out how to actually see the comments I wrote. That's where I put the little details like what we took and left. Does anyone know how to get to these?

Hook your GPS up to your computer. Open the file d:\Garmin\geocache_visits.txt to view those comments.

You can also upload that geocache_visits.txt file as field notes on Geocaching.com to assist with logging:

http://www.geocaching.com/my/uploadfieldnotes.aspx

Hook your GPS up to your computer. Open the file d:\Garmin\geocache_visits.txt to view those comments.

You can also upload that geocache_visits.txt file as field notes on Geocaching.com to assist with logging:

http://www.geocaching.com/my/uploadfieldnotes.aspx

Not the simplicity of pulling off the GPS I was hoping for, but it'll work. Thanks, fegan -- you rock! :laughing:

Actually, you may be surprised by the simplicity if you use fegan's URL at www.geocaching.com. Better yet, go to www.geocaching.com and click on "My Profile" then click on "Access My Field Notes". From there you'll get instructions on how to upload your field notes. Once they uploaded you'll be able compose logs using each of your field notes as the starting point. I just discovered this myself about five minutes ago. Once you know how to do it, it's not so bad. -- EspressoChuck

[url=http://www.geocaching.com/my/uploadfieldnotes.aspx]http://www.geocaching.com/my/uploadfieldnotes.aspx

Sounds like that will come in handy! Little by little, I’m finding out how the 400T works with the web site (and I’m still discovering how to use the features of both).

Edited by kunarion

If you messed up on your comment while in the field and you've selected "Done" just select the cache again, select "Go" and re-log your attempt which will give you another opportunity to create a comment.

Later, at your cpu, when accessing your field notes, you will have 2 logs for the same cache - just delete the log not needed.

Keep your comments short and sweet in the field just reminding yourself of the cache experience. You may elaborate later at the cpu...

Capt. Ed (caped)