are people getting sick of puzzle caches

jasondulac

I'm not sick of puzzles, but I'm getting more selective after finding weeks of solving a couple lead to LPC hides. Other, traditional hides by these COs were in the woods. What's the rationale?

Personally, I prefer puzzle caches that lead to nice places, but there are quite some cachers who think that puzzle caches should not be hidden at nice places in order not to block nice places for traditionals and multi caches.

They mainly regard the final as a way to claim the solution of the puzzle on gc.com and getting credit for it.

Cezanne

I too prefer puzzles that lead to decent locations. I suppose that's true for any cache. But puzzles require more effort and I like when the final reward - the cache - also has a little extra effort put into it. If I solving the puzzle is the reward then there's no need to go out to the cache. Solve the cache, get it confirmed by the geochecker, done. I have my reward. I've solved puzzles for micro caches in parking lots that I won't go out to find.

I like puzzle caches........the ones I can solve anyway! So far, I think I can count the number I've done successfully on less than the digits on one hand. Tried many more, but just get frustrated. If my Dad were still alive, he'd be the go-to person for these.

One thing I noticed with doing puzzles...the more you do, the easier it gets. If you get stuck on one, don't be afraid to ask for help...you might find there are a few more puzzles out there just like it.

I like puzzle caches........the ones I can solve anyway! So far, I think I can count the number I've done successfully on less than the digits on one hand. Tried many more, but just get frustrated. If my Dad were still alive, he'd be the go-to person for these.

One thing I noticed with doing puzzles...the more you do, the easier it gets. If you get stuck on one, don't be afraid to ask for help...you might find there are a few more puzzles out there just like it.

Absolutely. I've probably solved 200 or so puzzles and while it does get easier I'm always coming across something new. There is someone in my area that puts out a lot of puzzles and once they get a FTF she more than happy to provide a hint for anyone that has trouble. There are still a couple of hers that I haven't solved and it seems like to matter how long I look at them I just can't figure out how to approach it.

Indeed, its just like geosenses.

I too prefer puzzles that lead to decent locations. I suppose that's true for any cache. But puzzles require more effort and I like when the final reward - the cache - also has a little extra effort put into it. If I solving the puzzle is the reward then there's no need to go out to the cache. Solve the cache, get it confirmed by the geochecker, done. I have my reward. I've solved puzzles for micro caches in parking lots that I won't go out to find.

that happened to me today too - I was looking on my map at a park that had a few caches I hadn't found and one of them was a puzzle cache... after I solved it and put the waypoint in my GPS I realized it was actually in a nearby shopping center's parking lot.... no thank you....