magellan gpsr's

When will ground speak format so that I can download directly to my magellan like I do to my garmin.

You're barking up the wrong tree. Talk to Magellan.

After you try dealing with them you will figure out that they suck and you will want to buy a Garmin. I loved my Magellans until I dealt with them and realized they stink and don't care about handheld units. (I'm not a pro Garmin guy, I have just heard nothing but good things about them.)

I just click the .GPX file and instead of saving it I open it. That automatically launches my vantage point software. Than I just click the sync button.

Granted I can’t just “Send to GPS” file from the google map page so it is an extra step but in the end its no so bad.

There are many different Magellans and they just suck in different ways[1]. Depending on your model, you may have been able to automate that download many years before Groundspeak even offered the Garmin plug in thingy.

[1] Lipe's Law of GPS: All GPS units suck. They just suck in different ways.

When will ground speak format so that I can download directly to my magellan like I do to my garmin.

You're barking up the wrong tree. Talk to Magellan.

After you try dealing with them you will figure out that they suck and you will want to buy a Garmin. I loved my Magellans until I dealt with them and realized they stink and don't care about handheld units. (I'm not a pro Garmin guy, I have just heard nothing but good things about them.)

I ACTUALLY HAVE A GARMIN GPS ALSO. NOT LONG AFTER I BOUGHT IT I WENT BACK TO A MAGELLAN BECUASE OF THE RECEPTION. THE CHEAP MAGELLAN OUT DOES MANY HIGH PRICED GARMINS. SO I GUESS I WILL STICK TO USING MAPSEND AND LOADING THEM THAT WAY.

I've had several GPSr's throughout the years, mostly Magellan and Garmin.

I liked them all... but to borrow from what robertlipe said

Lipe's Law of GPS: All GPS units suck. They just suck in different ways.

Right now I'm using a Colorado 300, and Triton 1500. While nice, they both still suck, but suck in different ways.

One of the suckiest parts about Magellan right now is Vantage Point... I hate it... worst program ever. I would use my Triton a whole lot more if it weren't for the fact that I know I have to use Vantage Point to do anything with it.

One of the suckiest parts about Magellan right now is Vantage Point... I hate it... worst program ever. I would use my Triton a whole lot more if it weren't for the fact that I know I have to use Vantage Point to do anything with it.

Agree, I have a Triton 400 and very rarely use VP because it usually leads to some sort of problem. Most of the time,I download gpx, import into natgeo TOPO and then export from TOPO to the Triton.