PDX store that sells geocaching stuff?

quinntowynn

I see many on-line stores for geocaching stuff, but are there any actual stores that I could physically go to to see geocaching items such as travel bugs and geocoins? Seeing something on-line as opposed to seeing it in person is really different. I am looking for something in the Portland metro area... Thanks in advance for any info.

Well we are not in the Portland area but if you are ever in Florida we have your one stop geo-shop here. We have an actual geocaching store with over 200 different unactivated coins, containers, swag, Groundspeak merchandise and most anything a cacher may need. Check out our profile for more info. We also have a rather unusual cache located there as well. Space Coast Geocachers Association dot com.

While maybe not Geocaching specific, many army surplus stores will have items that are often seen in online stores. I picked up some ammo cans for $4 (7.62mm) and $6 (50cal) each, and they had 'Write in the Rain' booklets (water resistant log books) and lots of other items that could be Geocaching related.

The word is that REI in downtown will be carrying GC supplies soon. The REI on 82nd is the store that said this.

The latest news from GC.com is that 39 REI stores will carry GC supplies.

Now, depending on what you are looking for, I have done some scouting for containers.

For instance:

The least expensive "otter box" type containers can be found at WalMart. They seem to be good quality.

If you want a quick bison tube, go to Harbor freight or PetCo.

If you want a good magnetic keyholder, go to AutoZone and they have them right at the register.

Ditto on the REI comment. I know for a fact that REI in Tacoma, WA is selling geocaching items, and they should be selling them in all of their stores now. Good luck.

I was just in the REI in Redmond today, and they seem to have the complete Geocaching.com store line up (sans clothing).

Edited by slow-one

I see many on-line stores for geocaching stuff, but are there any actual stores that I could physically go to to see geocaching items such as travel bugs and geocoins? Seeing something on-line as opposed to seeing it in person is really different. I am looking for something in the Portland metro area... Thanks in advance for any info.

Let me know if you come upon something, I heard once there is/was a store in Milwaukie. OR, web site search doesn't show anything.

Edited by slow-one