Help with Coordinates

gunnerdog2

I'm new at this, even thought I have found 6 caches. I'm limited as I'm having problems with putting in the coordinates. I put some in and they send me in a total different direction, I have tried the conversion with the decimals, but some don't have enough numbers. I have a Magellan 400. The printed manual is no help. Can someone help me?

I'm new at this, even thought I have found 6 caches. I'm limited as I'm having problems with putting in the coordinates. I put some in and they send me in a total different direction, I have tried the conversion with the decimals, but some don't have enough numbers. I have a Magellan 400. The printed manual is no help. Can someone help me?

Not enough information to formulate what you need help with.

Not enough information to formulate what you need help with.

I copy the information as it is on the internet. One address is maybe a mile from my house, I have an idea where it is but not the exact location. Anyway I copy the exact coordinates to the gps and it sends me in the opposite direction by 13 miles. Also when I go back to by gps after turning it off, the address I had put in has changed.

Not familar with that unit but make sure it is setup for decimal degrees as the coordinate format and WGS84 as the datum. Then you should be able to use any of the coordinates on this site.

/thanks.

I'm not sure what I looking for. I went to my settings and found that it is WGS84 but the other I'm not sure what I should be looking for.? DEG.DDDDD?

Not familar with that unit but make sure it is setup for decimal degrees as the coordinate format and WGS84 as the datum. Then you should be able to use any of the coordinates on this site.

/thanks.

I'm not sure what I looking for. I went to my settings and found that it is WGS84 but the other I'm not sure what I should be looking for.? DEG.DDDDD?

Deg.DDDDD is Decimal Degrees, which is not the format on the Cache Pages.

Look at hddd°mm.mmm" on your settings that are on your GPS

/thanks.

soooo sorry - I meant decimal minutes - (how embrassing!!)

HDDD MM.mmm

/thanks.

Deg.DDDDD is Decimal Degrees, which is not the format on the Cache Pages.

Look at hddd°mm.mmm" on your settings that are on your GPS

Thanks!!! I think that did the trick. I hope you weren't yelling. I've had this thing for 4 days and the manuel sucked. Thanks again.

:ph34r:

The first GPSr I used for this game was a Magellan SporTrak Color.

It had the format defaulted to Deg.DDDDD, and caused me some consternation.

Change that to hddd°mm.mmm and you should be fine.

On a side note, all the Garmins I've owned had hddd°mm.mmm set as the default.

:lol: Thanks That was the problem. I think I'm on my way!!