2 x ? Maintenance/ moving travel bug

dakin55

Ok so I have came accross some cached that have very damp log books!

Is it proper for me to carry some extra paper and or small plastic bags and help with the cache by adding these were needed. ?

I was at a cache the other day and it had a travel bug with a mission to visit as many cahes as it could. I knew i was going to another cache big enough for the bug, so i took it to a new home, then I was reading about only take if you are leaveing one. SO did I do bad by continung the journey of a travel bug?

Yes and No :laughing:

I keep extra pens, pencils, log books, swag and bags in my pack in order to help out a cache in need. Some good hearted cachers have even dried out wet logs. I have cleaned and dried out several containers.

I never heard of the Take a TB/Leave a TB rule. That being said before taking a TB be sure you are able to move it along according to it's mission if there is one.

Very nice of you to leave a new log where you can. If you ever feel the need to remove an old log for the sake of space - make sure to offer to mail it to the cache owner.

TBs are not trade items. No need to leave anything if you take one. And you should never leave one after as a trade out of a cache for another item.

........then I was reading about only take if you are leaveing one. SO did I do bad by continung the journey of a travel bug?

You did a very good thing! Caches that want you to only pick up a trackable if you leave one are considered 'TB Prisons'. Keep 'em moving!

Nobody wants to be stuck in jail... not even trackables. :laughing: