Garmin now has forums

wahoowad, I would caution you to read the Forum Guidelines.

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?act=boardrules

Here are some things to keep in mind when posting:

1. Forum courtesy: Please treat Groundspeak, its employees, volunteers, fellow community members, and guests on these boards with courtesy and respect.

3. Personal attacks and inflammatory behavior will not be tolerated. If you want to praise or criticize, give examples as to why it is good or bad. General attacks on a person or idea will not be tolerated.

Since Garmin refuses to acknowledge singular emails, why would they bother to read their forums.

I am thoroughly convinced that Garmin finds the geocaching aspect of their GPS receivers as an annoyance more than anything. Knowing that there are a million or so people who use the handheld units for geocaching, you would think that it would be a huge reason to keep the geocaching community happy as a potential customer base. Although, in the grand scheme of things, I bet that the users of any one model are less than 50,000 who are using them for GCing.

1. Forum courtesy: Please treat Groundspeak, its employees, volunteers, fellow community members, and guests on these boards with courtesy and respect.

3. Personal attacks and inflammatory behavior will not be tolerated. If you want to praise or criticize, give examples as to why it is good or bad. General attacks on a person or idea will not be tolerated.

That comment wasn't directed toward these forums. It was about Garmin.

Still inappropriate for this forum.

I disagree. Maybe a little offensive to some. He still has the right idea though. I'm sure the forums will eventually accommodate cachers and the other suggested categories.

I disagree. Maybe a little offensive to some. He still has the right idea though. I'm sure the forums will eventually accommodate cachers and the other suggested categories.

Well, the fact is you disagree with a Moderator. Have at it.

I will have to agree that Garmin's forum has quite an odd structure. I never cease to be surprised by how badly big companies can do simple things. What's going on there? They don't have anyone in the huge team to plan a proper set of forums? Sadly amazing.

Their forums look incredibly biased towards fitness GPSrs...

I'm sure they will add more in the near future. :rolleyes:

Might I suggest the use of a Thesaurus? Slacker comes to mind. Could even use diminished perhaps. We can choose to allow the forums to diminish to childish verbage or we can choose to keep it in check. The moderator was correct in the admonishment.

Well, the fact is you disagree with a Moderator. Have at it.

I was thinking the mod didn't fully read the thread. Anyway I thought I read you are one of the TB experts here... I once had a mod tell me that my suggestion to someone encouraging them to delete bug dropping notes was wrong that I should leave it as part of the cache history. I know you have had some statements that would say otherwise. It's all good but bittsen has the right idea. I was just thinking that the comment was misinterpreted. (By me or the mod. :D )

A thesaurus would have worked better! :D:rolleyes:

The fourth word in that poster's comment was inappropriate. Everyone (including GPS manufacturers) are to be treated with respect. That word in not respectful and is an attack. Criticism is permitted. Calling names is not. Hopefully, that makes my post more clear.

Ditto! There is a difference between disagreeing and being disagreeable. And, there is a difference between attacking issues in dispute and attacking the person with whom they disagree.

And, fwiw, as I have read most of the equipment/manufacturer rants in this forum, I often am left scratching my head. There is a difference between legitimate complaints and unrealistic expectations and too many of the rants sound like the latter to me.

Motorcycle Mama may not be a moderator of _this_ forum, but I agree with her assessment and I am. Please keep the conversations here respectful, as per the very guideline she cited.

Please focus this thread back to the announcement of Garmin's forums and away from the banter of the admonition.