What do you carry?

KayGeeW

On one of my last searches, my friend was bitten several times by small insects, probably bees of some sort. Fortunately (or unfortunately for her) another person hiking in the area had also been stung and had observed my friends situation. She had a cortisone ointment that saved the day for both people!!! I checked our bath closet at home and added a tube to my travel bag!! What special items do you carry?

My pack is full of all kinds of goodies. Our first aid kit has some first aid cream, which is good for cuts, bites and so on.

I like to keep alcohol wipes in there. Good just to wash your hands every so often, plus if it's really hot, I'll wipe down my face with them. Feels refreshing.

I try to reload anything I took out when I get home from my last caching trip so I can just grab it and go and not worry about something being missing.

I carry a GPSr of course. I also have a Leatherman multi tool (Has come in handy many times) also have a mini-mag light. This is on my belt normally. I also have a VFD Pager (has nothing to do with geocaching but it is there) and my cell phone. (I know too much stuff. It is hard to put on my bunker pants for the VFD)

I also have a fanny pack with 2 bottles of water, brochures for geocacahing, TBs, digital camera, and most important OFF!.

Hope this helps.

kf4oox - Paul