Cache muggled... now what?

I placed a cache at a park beside a local fire department a couple of weeks ago. I thought that it was hidden pretty well... but I guess that I had thought wrongly. Should I replace the cache immediately or wait a couple weeks? Also, should I place it in the same general area (+ or - a few feet).. or move it farther away (30 to 40 feet)? Just wondering... I am still new at this!

Thanks,

Goose

Beside a Fire Department? I would make sure it is in the park and not close too

the FD building.

It's up to you if you want to move it or keep it where it is. You need to determine

if it is hidden good enough. If there is a better hidey hole or pile of sticks elsewhere,

move it.

Don't be afraid to really HIDE it, the Geocachers will find it just fine.

Edited by BDstarcachers

I placed a cache at a park beside a local fire department a couple of weeks ago. I thought that it was hidden pretty well... but I guess that I had thought wrongly. Should I replace the cache immediately or wait a couple weeks? Also, should I place it in the same general area (+ or - a few feet).. or move it farther away (30 to 40 feet)? Just wondering... I am still new at this!

Thanks,

Goose

If you intend to replace it then I would do it as soon as is convenient.

Beside a Fire Department? I would make sure it is in the park and not close too

the FD building.

It's up to you if you want to move it or keep it where it is. You need to determine

if it is hidden good enough. If there is a better hidey hole or pile of sticks elsewhere,

move it.

Don't be afraid to really HIDE it, the Geocachers will find it just fine.

Indeed.

Though some of us have the time and means to create a cache to fit the setting and appear invisible to non-cachers. Could be the foot traffic attracted the attention of a No-Fun-Club Member and they appointed themselves to remove it. If you can't figure a cache which hides in plain sight, there were a few threads on that topic you could revive or review for ideas.

If it was muggled quickly then I would wait a bit before replacing it. Someone found it and took off with it. If you replace it immediately I would bet that the same thing would happen again. Wait as long as your local approver will allow then replace. If it goes missing again then give it up.