Pocket Query question

I'm still trying to get my head around Pocket Queries, having just signed up for premium membership over the weekend.

I managed to create one Pocket Query successfully - My Finds, just so I could feed it into my cache statistics software.

Yesterday I thought it would be great to be able to export my Bookmark List (containing about 8 caches) in bulk to a zipped file, so I could download it all into my new GPS unit. So I went into Bookmark Lists and clicked on 'Create Pocket Query'. So far so good. I checked 'Delete Query Once Run' and clicked on Wed as I wanted it to run ASAP.

I had a look at the Manage Pocket Queries page. My query was listed there, and under Last Generated (PST) - it said 'Never'. I've been waiting for a good few hours for my query to run now..... have I done something wrong? :D

Still trying to work this all out...

artemisworks

I'm still trying to get my head around Pocket Queries, having just signed up for premium membership over the weekend.

I managed to create one Pocket Query successfully - My Finds, just so I could feed it into my cache statistics software.

Yesterday I thought it would be great to be able to export my Bookmark List (containing about 8 caches) in bulk to a zipped file, so I could download it all into my new GPS unit. So I went into Bookmark Lists and clicked on 'Create Pocket Query'. So far so good. I checked 'Delete Query Once Run' and clicked on Wed as I wanted it to run ASAP.

I had a look at the Manage Pocket Queries page. My query was listed there, and under Last Generated (PST) - it said 'Never'. I've been waiting for a good few hours for my query to run now..... have I done something wrong? :D

Still trying to work this all out...

artemisworks

its been taking me hours to run even the new queries i create lately. the faq says new queries have higher priority over the ones that run automatically everyday, but i dont think that means much if theres a whole lot of new queries being created. as the site grows everyday im sure its going to take longer and longer. on a side note, i forget that the queries are PST and sometimes ill check the wrong day since im in CST. make sure you havent done that. to give you a number sintead of just saying "hours", its taken me as long as 6 hours recently. good luck.

If I run a list of finds on pocket queries it seems to come back to me straight away and certainly within ten minutes or so.

But last weekend I ran a query to give me a list of caches for a holiday trip; there were only about three hundred in total so the list was not huge. I've run the query again a couple of times since but still haven't received the email so I can extract the details for my GPSr. As I'm going later today I ended up having to go through the list and downloading each one to my GPSr separately.

Sort of takes away the point, really.....

I'm reasonably sure that if you are waiting more than 20 minutes or so for a new query you've made a mistake in setting up the query, you failed to check a day for it to run, or your email provider is a problem. The one exception to this rule is when the site is having problems. You can tell if it's a general problem by visiting the web site forum. If there are not a significant number of posters complaining in a thread at or near the top, the problem is not general.

To troubleshoot your problem, try this site link : http://www.markwell.us/pq.htm

Team Taran

I am a new user and created a PQ. I have been waiting three hours now and the file hasn't been generated and sent to me. Yes I selected the correct day. I guess I will just wait a few more hours, this is ridiculous. It says PQ are limited to 5 a day. At this rate it will be one a day.

Edited by retrogamenerd

Update, I finally got the .GPX file. It took about four hours to receive. I guess you just have to wait a long time for it <_<

There are at least 2 servers running PQs. Sometimes they're very fast (less than a minute to run a PQ). Sometimes one or both are backed up and it may take hours. Occasionally they never arrive.