St. Louis must see caches/points of interest

Sharkluver

I am planning a trip to St. Louis and Fort Leonard Wood August 31-Sept 5, 2009. I am interested to know of caches/places of interest either in the St. Louis area or on the way to Ft Leonard Wood. We will be in St. Louis for 2 days and then doing traveling to and from Fort Leonard Wood with a little bit of time for sightseeing around Fort Leonard Wood on Thursday the 3rd. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Happy Caching!

Sharkluver :ph34r:

Edited by sharkluver

I am planning a trip to St. Louis and Fort Leonard Wood August 31-Sept 5, 2009. I am interested to know of caches/places of interest either in the St. Louis area or on the way to Ft Leonard Wood. We will be in St. Louis for 2 days and then doing traveling to and from Fort Leonard Wood with a little bit of time for sightseeing around Fort Leonard Wood on Thursday the 3rd. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Happy Caching!

Sharkluver :ph34r:

I'm only replying because I'm from St. Louis and I don't think we have that many people on here from ""The Lou"" and I'd hate to see no one reply...

I would just look at the map and put in some zip codes like 63137, 63132 and pan around and see what you see that looks interesting...

I've only got a few finds under my belt, so I don't feel comfortable saying, ""You gotta check these out!"

We got a lot of parks and they seems to have pretty high densitys so you have more to find in an area...

Creve Cour Park

Spanish Lake

Grants Trail

Those are all parks that have several cool ones...

Sorry, I didn't have more insight for ya, I just don't want to let you down...

Please keep us updated and let us know which ones you hit and what you thought of them...

Edited by solo63137

I appreciate the pointers on the caches. I know that this might be 'taboo' but I am also interested in doing sightseeing that may not include finding any caches. Can you suggest places to see that are cool and interesting?

St. Louis Arch,

Gotta go to the A.B. Brewery

St. Louis Zoo (I hear we have one of the best zoos in the country)

Tour a few Winerys out west, maybe to far to drive

If you are downtown N.City area there is a old Candy/IceCream shop called Crown Candy, best Ice Cream and Malts/Shakes ever... Try their "Newport"...

MAybe catch a game at the new stadium

Strip Clubs on the East Side (also, hear we have the best in the country)

Go somewhere for a Pork Stake, I'm told other places don't have pork steaks... Not sure why though... Every state has pigs...

I'll add some more as I come up with them...

If you are looking for places to eat, I would suggest LoRusso's Cucina. Awesome, awesome italian food for not a lot of money.

Then, when you are done you gotta hit up Ted Drews Frozen Custard! It is a landmark in itself!

Fun things to do:

-St. Louis Zoo

-Missouri Botanical Garden

-City Museum and St. Louis Art Museum

-The Loop

-St. Louis Science Center / Omnimax

-A. Busch Tour (as mentioned above)

Thanks a bunch for the suggestions... keep em coming!!! :ph34r: As far as 'how far out of the way are you willing to go" how about you place the GC #'s for the caches that you feel are worth the trip and i can take them into consideration. Thanks again, I had several of the suggestions on a previous list from travel sights but it is nice to hear from "real" people what they think is worth the time and effort to see.

Anyone done a riverboat ride (at night with dinner)? We are considering that also.

another question for those who are familiar with St. Louis: Is the airport a 'safe' part of town? We are considering staying at one of the airport hotels and would like to know about the area before making a reservation :P

Naa, there are some spots of sorta run down areas, but nothing really Ghetto or bad... If you pick any of the better known hotels you'll be good... I live like 25 minutes from that area, I'm around there often...