Ontario Geocaching Association 2009 Geocoin

res2100

The Ontario Geocaching Association is making it's first geocoin. It is a 45mm tall Geocoin in the shape of the Ontario Shield. Samples have been made (see pictures below) and we are currently taking presales. It is available in 4 versions. Coins are being minted by Landsharkz. You can place your order at the OGA store: http://store.ontgeocaching.com/index.php?categoryID=80

Coins start at $10 CDN. All prices in Canadian $ which makes it quite attractive to American buyers.

87e35d3e-ae25-4ba2-9984-3c39b3ec9a18.jpg

63366c64-aac0-4274-9ebf-cbcfa9b802b0.jpg

c4c73815-2def-4741-a106-7cb3e79f3680.jpg

d2a6c63e-2a53-473b-b13a-b75cee2921a2.jpg

res2100

Treasurer - Ontario Geocaching Association

Could you please let us know which coin is which version? Perhaps have the website updated with sample pics in the place of the art work which is not specific.

I imagine this is all intuitively obvious to some but I am missing which metal is which addition...

I believe that they are showing the three single coins available. The regular coin - Antique Silver; the LE version - Antique Brass and the members only coin in Antique Copper.

There were two other versions, one came in the bundle (all three + extra version in Satin Gold) and a investor's version which I can't remember the finish of.

I am sure if you visit the OGA site and email Luc, he will answer all your questions, oh and also congratulate him and his wife on adding to the caching family, Congrad's Luc&Sweety :)

Here are the versions which are available:

Regular - Antique Silver - $10 CDN (That's about $8.60 US)

OGA (must be an OGA member) - Antique Copper (with painted cross) - $10 CDN

LE - Antique Brass - $13 CDN

XLE - Satin Gold (with painted cross) - Only available as part of 4 coin OGA Premium Geocoin Bundle

Investor - In order to fund this coin project, we made 25 investor shares available which were sold out in just over a day. Each investor will get 1 of these Investor coins for each share that they invested on top of their full investment back.

Over 75% of the coins have been sold now and we expect them to all be sold during the pre-order phase.

We expect to have the coins in hand for distribution for those in attendance at the GHAGAFAP 8 (GC1TBZJ) event on September 19th in Rockwood, Ontario which is one of Ontario biggest annual events.

If we have the coins in hand before then, then we will start distributing them at that time to those people that wanted them mailed and make any arrangements for pickup for those that want them picked up.

res2100

Treasurer - Ontario Geocaching Association

B) Glad it all worked out

Are you involved with this coin? I ordered a set; they're really beautiful.

Only that I bought a Ton of them :anicute:;)

I did get to meet with Luc at our COG Spring Fling where the design was first displayed and pre-ordered

I thought a set was a splurge! What's a ton? :D

Only that I bought a Ton of them :anicute:;)

I did get to meet with Luc at our COG Spring Fling where the design was first displayed and pre-ordered

I thought a set was a splurge! What's a ton? :D

ahhh....double digit and I think they under estimated the postage B)B)

But I've already gotten a trade lined up for one of them

Edited by kini_ont

:D Glad it all worked out

Only that I bought a Ton of them :P:P

I thought a set was a splurge! What's a ton? :)

ahhh....double digit and I think they under estimated the postage :lol::)

I hope it's for the copper. kini_ont! :(

Only that I bought a Ton of them :P:P

I thought a set was a splurge! What's a ton? :)

ahhh....double digit and I think they under estimated the postage :lol::)

I hope it's for the copper. kini_ont! :(

:D Ah I bet you could guessed who to :D