GPS Unit

vegasmob

I have had the Colorado for several months now,

Nothing bad to say about it.

My other unit ,Magellan 500le great gps ,no logs or hint and not as fast as the Colorado.

As for your question, as far as I know the Colorado and Oregon are basically the same Oregon has a few more options and a touch screen .

I have decided to go with garmin, but should I go with the Colorado or Oregon? :o

I looked at both of these units and the only difference is the touch screen on the Oregon and the wheel on the Colorado. I opted for the touch screen and found the menus to be very intuitive and easy to understand. I have been using it a week now and I am very pleased with its operation, acuracy, and the ability to download geocaches directly from the website. :)

GPSMap60CSx is an awesome unit! I almost bought another one.

I bought the Colorado when it was first released and it was a love/hate relationship from day one. After the updates, it got better but the unit still acted up on occasion. I ended up dropping it while on the trail and it shut off. I went to turn it back on (after checking the batteries) and no dice. It died. I sent it out to Garmin to have it fixed.

If you must have the paperless caching on your GPS, I'd strongly suggest the Oregon. I played with one at Best Buy and the touch screen made navigating the menus 1000 times easier than the Colorado's "Rock n' Roller" wheel. I only question the Oregons' durability if dropped on the trail. Other than the screen navigation methods, the two units are practically the same from what I understand. Check out the new Oregon 550; it has a built in camera and 3-axis compass (vs 2-axis in the Colorado and "1st Generation" Oregons). The 3-axis compass is supposed to maintain a bearing even if the unit isn't held flat.

That's my two cents.

~H

GPSMap60CSx and a PDA of choice.....stay safe.
Edited by WowWhoaWeeWa