what is your memorial summer..........

lorca.nl

JIPPIEEEE today it`s the longest day so that meanzzz summer beginzzz..........

here it start good with sun then we had a little rain and now at the end sun again :D:D:o

i think everybody have a specail memorie at a summer of there life i have...

me and some dear friendzz make a campfire on the beach we just eat drink and tolk a little...

around 23:00 the ASTRE rain begin and we all lay down and look at the starzz that fall down......

it was AMAZING and i will never ever forget the summer of 1988.........

i would like to know your most GREAT ~ LOVELY ~ WONDERFULL ~ MEMORIAL summer of your life :):):o

i think that CHICKENZZ somehow explain summer so the coin that you can win izzz thizzz cute little one....

kip.jpg

you may add piczzz as i LOVE piczzz so long they are HUMAN ~ ANIMAL and NATURE friendly...

the cointest will be close at Teusday 23 june at 18:00 DUTCH time....

the most GREAT story will win and it will pick by ME ;):D:D

oke now i hope it won`t give Error so that you all can share your story hihihi

Well, I have a story that I sure won't ever forget (even if I wanted to). Unfortunately for me I'm bound by a non-disclosure agreement, so you guys don't get to hear it. I can say that it was work related though.

Something more acceptable to the forums however:

I think I must have been around 9 (I remember now, and I was exactly 9) when we all piled into my grandparents buick sedan and started driving from Vancouver to a tiny little town north of edmonton that I can't quite recall the name of, to visit some relatives on their farm. I think it took us around 15 hours of driving to get there, done in 1 straight shot. Ouch; no gameboys or portable dvd players to kill the time. That was a very long drive. I can remember watching my aunt Margie kill the chickens we were having for dinner, and seeing the northern lights one night. I can also remember how we came home after an afternoon of doing something-or-rather to find a totaled car upside down in the ditch not too far from the farm, and empty. When we got back to the farm there was a lady sitting on their step, looking very shaken up and a little bloody. I can remember my grand-uncle trying to give the ambulance people directions in miles to try to guide them to the remote farm, and then finally giving up and just saying "We'll just start driving towards town, and hopefully meet you on the way."

I certainly remember going to the dinosaur museum in Drumheller. Hard to forget something like that at age 9. Then we stayed in the first hotel I can ever remember while in Camrose. After that we headed south and camped at Waterton (on the canadian side of the border from Glacier National Park) (uh-oh, the power just went out. I'll have to remember to save this all to a word document before I submit it!). Not far from there is a Bison paddock that you can drive through, and my father, being the prankster he is just about gave everyone in the car a heart attack while we were going through. On the way home we drove through montana, idaho, and then washington before heading back into BC (5 different provinces and states in 1 drive, exciting! lol). I can remember encountering funnel clouds somewhere on the drive after camrose, but I don't remember where exactly (I just remember green fields, rain, and the grown-up making a whole lot of fuss). I didn't see them, as I was stuffed in the middle of the car :)

All and all, it was quite the trip.

Edited by aniyn

The best summers for me, there are a few, many, but the best was August 1967.

I was 15 and a friend of mine asked if I would travel to Montreal Quebec to attend the Universal and International Exhibition (Expo 67), which I knew nothing about.

It would start with a train ride from Toronto to a city hosting the world, Expo 67 was so large, so eye opening, I can't even now believe that I could visit countries from all over the world. There were over 60 plus countries that exhibited what made each one unique and yet one. Everyone smiled; laughed, helped each other even if the language was different there was always some form of communication that made you understand.

The day I won't forget was the day that we, my friend and his sister and I, travelled by ourselves to the park. A day of being adults, trusted, we couldn't get enough, visiting the world countries pavilions, sampling the foods of the world and then La Ronde, an amusement park like I had never seen before, all topped off with a grand display of fireworks that night.

I guess what really stands out is that I was given an opportunity to see something that normally I would not and have savoured it for life.

I was 15 and a friend of mine asked if I would travel to Montreal Quebec to attend the Universal and International Exhibition (Expo 67), which I knew nothing about.

It would start with a train ride from Toronto to a city hosting the world, Expo 67 was so large, so eye opening, I can't even now believe that I could visit countries from all over the world. There were over 60 plus countries that exhibited what made each one unique and yet one. Everyone smiled; laughed, helped each other even if the language was different there was always some form of communication that made you understand.

The day I won't forget was the day that we, my friend and his sister and I, travelled by ourselves to the park. A day of being adults, trusted, we couldn't get enough, visiting the world countries pavilions, sampling the foods of the world and then La Ronde, an amusement park like I had never seen before, all topped off with a grand display of fireworks that night.

I guess what really stands out is that I was given an opportunity to see something that normally I would not and have savoured it for life.

Hey I went there too!!!!

Hey I went there too!!!!

:D You weren't the girl that pretended not to speak english all night until we said goodnite and then answered us in perfect english :):o:)

Hey I went there too!!!!

;) You weren't the girl that pretended not to speak english all night until we said goodnite and then answered us in perfect english :D:D:o

Nope not me at all! :):) My parents had this strange idea that my sister and I couldn't get out of their sight even though we were teenagers. Or maybe that's why! :o

Not really in this one for the coin, but after reading the topic, felt a need to respond...I love talking about my wife.

June 25, 1988...my wife and i were married in a park in Boardman, OH. The temperatures were in the low 90's, the sun was shining, and as the string quartet played for our families and friends, Kathy emerged from a 1960 Jaguar I had just finished restoring , walked down a stone path to join me in the shade of the park's gazebo, where after many years of dating, we became husband and wife.

IMG_NEW_0001-5-1.jpgIMG_NEW-8-1.jpg

We returned from our honeymoon July 4, and I can remember watching fireworks cutting through the darkness of night , as we flew from Texas to Pittsburgh...I can remember telling Kathy, they must be for us!

This is a very positive memory for me, a reminder of our lives together. I have placed a cache at the gazebo (GCZQNV), with the understanding that though a memorial cache, it is not intended to mourn her loss, but instead honor the life of a kind and beautiful woman.

ILYK
Edited by drneal
Well, I have a story that I sure won't ever forget (even if I wanted to). Unfortunately for me I'm bound by a non-disclosure agreement, so you guys don't get to hear it. I can say that it was work related though.

Something more acceptable to the forums however:

I think I must have been around 9 (I remember now, and I was exactly 9) when we all piled into my grandparents buick sedan and started driving from Vancouver to a tiny little town north of edmonton that I can't quite recall the name of, to visit some relatives on their farm. I think it took us around 15 hours of driving to get there, done in 1 straight shot. Ouch; no gameboys or portable dvd players to kill the time. That was a very long drive. I can remember watching my aunt Margie kill the chickens we were having for dinner, and seeing the northern lights one night. I can also remember how we came home after an afternoon of doing something-or-rather to find a totaled car upside down in the ditch not too far from the farm, and empty. When we got back to the farm there was a lady sitting on their step, looking very shaken up and a little bloody. I can remember my grand-uncle trying to give the ambulance people directions in miles to try to guide them to the remote farm, and then finally giving up and just saying "We'll just start driving towards town, and hopefully meet you on the way."

I certainly remember going to the dinosaur museum in Drumheller. Hard to forget something like that at age 9. Then we stayed in the first hotel I can ever remember while in Camrose. After that we headed south and camped at Waterton (on the canadian side of the border from Glacier National Park) (uh-oh, the power just went out. I'll have to remember to save this all to a word document before I submit it!). Not far from there is a Bison paddock that you can drive through, and my father, being the prankster he is just about gave everyone in the car a heart attack while we were going through. On the way home we drove through montana, idaho, and then washington before heading back into BC (5 different provinces and states in 1 drive, exciting! lol). I can remember encountering funnel clouds somewhere on the drive after camrose, but I don't remember where exactly (I just remember green fields, rain, and the grown-up making a whole lot of fuss). I didn't see them, as I was stuffed in the middle of the car :)

All and all, it was quite the trip.

This is not an entry...yet!

I think I know where this is....close to where I grew up in Saskatchewan on the way up to Waskesiu. How many drive-thru bison paddocks can there be? Unfortunately it's not there anymore, the National Park saw fit to dismantle the paddock and set the bison roaming. Sounds nice BUT they are really annoying to any bison farmers in the area like my family. Funny how close you came to my farm :)

I would have to say my most memorable summer was the summer of 2002.

I was active duty US Army and had received orders to go to Belgium.

We made plans to drive across the US (from Jacksonville Florida to Los Angeles California) taking the scenic route and tent camping the entire way. The trip started in Augusta Georgia on 4 July. We went to Jacksonville to visit friends. We then traveled to the Oke Fenokee Swamp (probably spelled wrong) back through Stone Mountain Georgia, up to the Cherokee Nation in North Carolina/Tennessee, across Tennessee through Oklahoma, into New Mexico where we saw Dinosaur tracks, onward to Colorado Springs Colorado where we spend five fantastic days visiting most of the main sights in the area. From there we stopped at a small town in the middle of the Rockie Mountains for an overnight in a beautiful campground. Onwards to Arches National Park in Utah for a few days of enjoying Mother Nature in one of her more artistic moods. Final leg of the journey was into Riverside California where my parents live. Here we rested up for the trip across the ocean to SHAPE Belgium.

Now why this was so memorable for me...Well six months after arriving in Belgium my youngest daughter was killed in a car accident, my (now ex) wife suffered a traumatic brain injury and made the choice four years later to leave me and our other two girls.

Looking back on the trip, it was a magical time where the entire family was together in everything nothing went wrong on the journey and there were no pressures. Who knew that in less then a year our lives would be so irrevocably changed.

The above is my memorable summer, one I will cherish for the rest of my days above all other summers.

Thanks for the cointest

Oh!!! I have many favorite summers that will always be in my heart and in my mind! I can not pick the best one!!!

Ok... I have one that is the best one but I can not post it here!!! :)

Just imagine... Rhodes in summer with exelent weather, beautiful beaches, parties, bars, music, beers and beautiful girl tourists that are coming for vacations! :o

anyway... this is a family friendly foroum.....

Now... from where I choose? From Summer 1987 when Greece won the European championship in basketball for the first time?? ALl greeks were out selebrating!

From Summer 2004??? when we had the Olympic games and we were so proud, and at that summer we took the european championship in football (the european one)??? This was so unbelievable!!! Before the games, we were thinking that...ok, we hope to make some good games and not go for tourism.... All greeks were out in every win! The whole world was socked with Greece! Well.. even we wre socked!!! :o

In the finals the whole country explode!!! We won!!! We took the cup!!! It was amazing and I feel so lucky that I had the chance to see historic events that summer!! Winning the European championship, the Olympic games back in Greece... last year we were european Champions in basketball too... So we were european champions in both Basketball and football! Unbelievable!!! Ok, in Basketball we are good (we won the NBAers USA team too) but in football...

So what to choose??? I will probably choose something more personal!

My sister was very lucky and she remembers my grandfather (my mother's mother)! Unfortunatelly I do not have many memories! both my grandfathers died when I was very young so I do not remember them! One of my grandmothers died before I was born, so I have memories only from my mother's mother, my grandmother!

She left this world when I was about 15 years old! I remember that at that summer I went for vacations in Leros island! she was there living with my unckle, my aunt.. I had such a great time!!! I loved her a lot and this summer was the first that I was travelling alone there! I was not going there a lot because my father was working, so this time I would spent more time with my granmother!! We were talking about the war (WWII), about my grandfather... about Leros...

I remember that I made a joke with her... I filled a small Ouzo bottle with water and while we were eating I drunk the whole bottle in front of her! she was socked and started yelling at me!!! What are you doing?? :D

After we all laughed, she understood! She was always smilling and caring about all! when the day to leave from Leros came, and while I was saying goodbye to all, I huged and gave her a kiss! she was crying because I was leaving and when I said that I will come back next year, she told me something I will never forget! "My grandchild...I will not be alive next year!". I was socked with that and told her to stop saying these things!!!

Oh boy... she was right! :) It is like she knew something we didn't know!

Even if after this great time sorrow fell in the family with my grandmother's death, I will keep this summer in my best because I spend it with her! :D

I've been thinking about this and can't pick just one memorable summer! Every summer is memorable! It is a family tradition for my husband, kids, and I to go camping with his parents for a week. This tradition started 13 years ago and is still going strong. We camp at a local lake and each year is better than the last. So many memories have been formed during these trips that they are something we talk about at every get-together. Not all of the memories are great ones but they're all funny! There was the year my son decided he was tired of diapers and potty trained himself out in the woods. The year the packrats decided our car (that we were sleeping in!) was a better nest than what they had so a whole family of them moved in. The year we were in a tent and had one of the worst thunder and lightning storms I've ever seen, we ended up spending that night in the car! The several years the deer have walked right into the middle of our camp. The year we heard the wild wolves howling across the lake. And so many other events that I could go on and on. Picking just one is an impossible task, just spending time with my family is a precious memory!

OHHH SHOOT............

i had to pick up mam from the hospital today and bring her home.......

did cook diiner and so and i look at the clock......

WHAT DID I SEE :D:D

I CAN`T READ MY OWN CLOCK IT WAS 18:30.....

sorry fookzz that i`m a little to late but now ..............

well i choose a WINNER :D:D:D:D

THE SUMMER THAT WILL NEVER EVER BEEN FORGOTTEN IZZZZZZZZzzz............

ANIYN :D;)

CONGRATZZZZZZZZZ ANIYN YOU WATCH YOUR MAILBOX :D:D:D

THANKZZ EVERYBODY FOR THE STORYZZZZ.......

it was FUN to READ them ALL.....

Edited by lorca.nl

OHHH SHOOT............

Congratulations Aniyn!!! :D

Lorca my friend, thank you for this great cointest!!! WOW! :D

OHHH SHOOT............

Congratulations ANIYN, I've been to Waterton, not in the summer but just before Thanksgiving Day (Canadaian) and it is a place you don't forget. I must say though the bigest surprise on that trip was the display of Northern lights after landing in Calgary and driving to Kananaskis, it was hard to drive in fact I did pull over so that my wife and I could watch, a natural fireworks display :D