Pee Dee Logo Cointest

Chickahominy

Welcome to the newest cointest!

I am the organizer for the Pee Dee Cachers here in South Carolina. We are in desperate need of a logo. Something that we can add to our sig items, cache pages and tee shirts. I have some ideas, but do not have the software or skills to make it happen. If you are good at designing logos, then this cointest is for you!

Cointest will run until Wednesday, June 24. I will print out my top picks and take them to our local meeting on June 25th so the local cachers can decide which logo to choose. The winner of the cointest will win a GeoDiesel coin.

Enter as many times as you would like.

Ideas to use, but do not limit yourself to these:

Map of SC with Lynches and Pee Dee Rivers detailed

Palmetto tree

GX logo

Groundspeak colors

Geocaching stat bar (copyright?)

Compass rose

Artist agrees that the final product becomes the property of the Pee Dee Cachers to use as they like.

Anything else? Email me with questions.. and thank you for participating!

Winner's coin, thanks to my friend with the swag bucket :) :

geodiesel.jpg

SC map with the Pee Dee area towards the East:

sccolor.gif

Thanks for the contest Chikahominy! I've had a lot of fun trying to design a logo :D

So here's my entry:

b5db4832-9d18-4ebd-a93b-ef6dc1b49e67.jpg

It might need a bit of explanation:

- The shape of the logo symbolizes a feather (of the Pee Dee indian tribe of the region), but you could also see a leaf (nature) or a fish (which you probably hve a lot of in the river) in it

- The blue line stands for the two rivers Pee Dee river and Lynches river, but also symbolizes the path you choose to get to the cache

- And the geocaching logo speaks for itself

You could also change the colors to math the Groundspeak colors. Then the logo would look like this:

3e081aa1-106b-4ec7-9501-67fd034e1d10.jpg

or like this: http://img.geocaching.com/track/0d19b649-3...97ac3279744.jpg

Li-Z

Edited by Li-Z

Thanks for the contest Chikahominy! I've had a lot of fun trying to design a logo :D

So here's my entry:

- The shape of the logo symbolizes a feather (of the Pee Dee indian tribe of the region), but you could also see a leaf (nature) or a fish (which you probably hve a lot of in the river) in it

- The blue line stands for the two rivers Pee Dee river and Lynches river, but also symbolizes the path you choose to get to the cache

You could also change the colors to math the Groundspeak colors. Then the logo would look like this:

Oh my gosh! You are so very creative! I love the design, Li-Z, thank you for your hard work.

The Pee Dee Cachers have spoken!

Li-Z's entry was the favorite of the cachers who came to our meeting Thursday night. They loved the other entries, but the ambiguity of Li-Z's artistry won the votes.

Thank you to all three of you who entered :) I do appreciate your efforts. Li-Z, your coin will go into the mail today.

So here's my entry:

Li-Z