Magellan 315 driver?

My brother is letting me use his Magellan 315 to "get my feet wet" before I make any rash purchases. I've been hgaving a few issues getting some coords entered, so I figured I would send right from this sight to the unit. I downloaded the transfer software, but it seems it only works with USB. Do I need to get a USB/Serial converter, or is there a serial download program out there...somewhere?

And as this is a legacy product, Magellan does not support it anymore.

You CANNOT send directly from geocaching.com to a Magellan, only Garmin and DeLorme are supported. Try GSAK OR EasyGPS

Good call. Well, I downloaded the GSAK software, downloaded some .loc files, imported them to a new database, set my home waypoint, set my GPS data, matched up the baud rate, set the port....and voila! Export successful!

Oops, but nothing was added on the 315. As far as the GSAK software was concerned, everything is peachy. But nothing was added to the 315. I know the port is good, I guess it is the cable or the connection on the 315. /sigh :laughing: