top benchmarker

POLE POSITION

High I'm a relative amateur at benchmark hunting to some people, so I want to know how many you guys have found. (as of time of posting, my current number is something like 17) :)

check this site by Holograph (one of our members) : http://www.holoscenes.com/special/geocac/n...tats_indiv.html

Click on the column Geocaching Total (Rank) to see totals logged here. The next column is totals logged on the NGS (which you'll learn about sometime soon) which is another place some of us (not all) log their finds..

Navigate around the site, you'll find lots of impressive stuff.

Edited by Papa-Bear-NYC

Definitely a semantic problem. "Top"? We compare stories, help each other out, and have fun. And post photos for Shirley. We don't compete (except in benchmarking contests...) Many here are only here for benchmarking. Others of us enjoy both benchmarking and geocaching. Benchmarking can be quite a different challenge than ceocaching. In many ways, benchmarking is far more challenging than geocaching!

That being said, I'll admit to having logged 793 benchmark finds on GC.com. 589 of which I have logged as finds with NGS.

I have found 116 NGS benchmarks so far.I love looking for them...especially the ones that involve hiking to mountaintop areas where they haven't been logged by anyone and are sometimes buried and you need a metal detector to find them.These are very rewarding ones to find.