GPX File Format Downloads

If you download from the search page, you will get a .loc file, whether you are a premium member or not. To get the .gpx file, I'm pretty sure you have to create a Pocket Query.

On the cache description page, you can get a .gpx for that single cache.

I am trying to download files from my pocket queries and it still comes out as a .loc file. I have started using the GSAK program to convert the files but it only downloads 20 caches out of the query, which has 500 caches? any suggestions?

Are you downloading the PQ from Your Pocket Query page?

Go here,

http://www.geocaching.com/pocket/default.aspx

then click on the "Pocket Queries Ready for Download" tab.

Is you PQ listed there?

Well that seemed to work. Does it usually take a little bit for the files to show up in Poket Queries ready for download? There were two there now that weren't there earlier. Thanks So much!! I was getting so frusterated!! I was all excited to get my GPS and go hiking... LOL

Yes the site can take a couple of minutes to compile the list you see in the preview and have it all ready for download.

So another quick question from the technically challeneged. What is a good map for a GPS that has all the streets. The Map on my GPS, Garmin Dakota 10, only has the major interstate/highways.

So another quick question from the technically challeneged. What is a good map for a GPS that has all the streets. The Map on my GPS, Garmin Dakota 10, only has the major interstate/highways.

The 10 won't hold an SD card, so the amount of map data you can stuff into one is fairly limited. How big of an area are we talking about? There are free maps from the openstreetmaps site at http://garmin.na1400.info/routable.php. Maps at gpsfiledepot.com are also available with street coverage. Take a look at what is being offered in your area from both sites. In both cases, you'll want to limit the area to what you can get away with on the 10.