Landy Advice

Not strictly caching related (apologies) but you guys are probably the best source of knowledge fot this that I know of... Besides, we will be using it for caching...!

We're looking at getting a Defender 110, but I can't find any decent information about fitting child seats to the second row of seats. (Future proofing the car, hopefully!) I was hoping some of you may have experience with this, either good or bad! As an aside, we prefer the look of the 90 and size, but I believe this is even more of a problem!

Cheers folks!

Dave

PS - if it makes a difference, it'll probably be a late 1990s model!

Britax have a 'fit finder' on their website Britax Fitfinder - I'd imagine other manufacturers would have the same or similar databases available.

I'd suggest going for something that is a more 'universal' fit - we got a Britax Club Class for our 1st child, and we've yet to find a car it doesn't fit somewhere. Couldn't fit it in the side seats of our old XJ6 as the seatbelts were too short. But it could be fitted using the lapbelt in the middle.

It fitted any of the seats in our Subaru forester and went into the wife's old metro with a bit of contortionism on our part.

I think they replaced that model with the 1st class, though looking through the catalogue, the eclispse might be the closer match - that can use a lap belt.

My advice would be to go to Mothercare & have a look - you want one that can have a couple of routings of the belt, especially where the clip goes. The assistants may even be able to help.

But on the other hand...

DON'T DO IT! :P

Depends on what model you buy. Early defender 90's had rear inward facing seats (either bench or individual seats) with lap belts. These are not suitable for child seats. Later Defender 90's had a pair of fold away forward facing rear seats, these would take a child seat but access to it would be a right pain in the back side. The Defender 110's had a second row of forward facing rear seats, with a pair of inward facing seats behind that. These second row forward facing seats have three point harnesses on the outer two seats and would be suitable for a child seat - land rover used to make a very good child seat for these seats (not sure if they still do). The middle seat and the very rear most seats are all lap belts.

Jon.

Ex - Defender 90 & 110 crew cab driver.

I dont know if they fit, I have a Discovery. I would not be without a Bebe Axiss Car seat...

http://www.kiddicare.com/webapp/wcs/stores..._-CPC-_-Froogle

Have recomended it to a freind and they have not looked back... Eays access turn the seat to see them at the door so much better....

As for Buggys those who where at the Cracking Christmass Cracker event will vouch for the off road performance of the 4 wheel articulating Chasie Urban Rider...

http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=h...sa%3DN%26um%3D1

Its like a landrover for your child!

Hope this helps, might not fit the car, but certainly does the job!

The problem with the 90 is that the rear seats are side facing and thus unsuitable for child seats. Exmoor Trim do offer forward facing replacements that are suitable.

Richard

i thought so, which is why we're looking at a 110. Jon's post above that the two outer seats on the second row are 3 point belts, therefore many seats will fit, is most useful! I'm guessing IsoFix is out of the question though...!