Stealing?

OKH

I have now 17 rockin' hides and three of them had missing geocoins (they were listed as being in the cache but weren't there.) I'd like to assume that the person who took them simply hasn't logged the transfer yet, but I have to ask - do people steal these things from caches?

I have now 17 rockin' hides and three of them had missing geocoins (they were listed as being in the cache but weren't there.) I'd like to assume that the person who took them simply hasn't logged the transfer yet, but I have to ask - do people steal these things from caches?

After a fair amount of time, if they are still not logged out of your cache you can mark them as 'unknown' which will take them out of your cache inventory... letting others know they are no longer there.

Once it is confirmed they are no longer in the cache, after about 3-4 weeks you can mark them as missing. This will remove the coins from the cache page.

Just access the coin page and under Trackable Item Options is the mark item missing Go button

Yep. Another thing that happens is people start geocaching all enthusiastic, then after a week or two just quit. And never give another thought to the geocoins or TB's they might have taken.