Pocket Query is not getting sent to email. What's up with that?

I am planning a geocaching trip for this Friday with a group of friends and I am trying to load our GPS's and palm pilots. However, the pocket queries that I am making are not getting sent to my email address. I tried 2 other email addresses and the same thing is happening.

I've made lots of queries before, any suggestions?

BTW, it is not getting trapped in a junk email filter.

I am choosing (after the initial failure) create query then delete.

Is there any other way to access the zip file other than getting the email? I would really like to get this stuff ready today.

Thanks

moleniacz

Read here and then come back and let us know if any of that fixed the problem...

I've tried doing multiple days of the week, single days of the week and the option to run once and delete. I am simply not getting them to my email address.

I know my email is setup correctly as I am receiving the weekly notification OK (just today as a matter of fact)

UGH, trip is tomorrow I'm in a pickle. Anyone else having problems? Is there a limit on the number of queries I can create in a day? Do they not always run immedietly?

Thanks in advance.

Matt

Anyone else having problems?

and

Do they not always run immedietly?

I just created one for a test and it ran and was in my email box in less than a minute. Usually only 'scheduled' ones may be delayed. New ones usually run immediately.

Is there a limit on the number of queries I can create in a day?

Yes, your limit is 5 per day.

Another possible explanation is that the PQ was sent to your email, but was blocked (or throttled) by your ISP. There are several threads from some time ago when this was happening. I don't know which ISPs are currently blocking or throttling email from Groundspeak or Geocaching.com. Perhaps someone else can supply that list. The first question would then be, who is your ISP?

I have tried to run the PC of my finds for hte past two weeks and i have not received a response yet. The latest was yesterday and it has been over 18 hours and no response. I am begining to think there is something wrong with the cache page that is not sending out the PC's.

Anyone else have this problem?

I have one PC scheduled for each Friday and it was in my inbox Friday morning at the crack of dawn. I obviously can't know for sure, but my guess is the problem is occurring at the receiving end. I got tired of ISPs and free email services filtering my email for me, so I registered my own Internet domain several years ago and started managing my own email accounts and I haven't had any problems since.

Pete

We submitted a new request Saturday moring at about 10:40 am and it didn't run and show up in our email until 5:42pm. By then it was too late and I didn't need it. I've never had to wait so long for a new one before.

(the new PQ was for an area several hours away that we went to Saturday)

Despite everything I wrote one post up, the Groundspeak servers seem to be having a hard time keeping up this weekend. My guess is it's the extra holiday bandwidth because the economy has an abnormally-high number of people doing some local geocaching instead of travelling this holiday weekend. I haven't had to run another PC but my connection with geocaching.com kept timing out and I got repeated error messages yesterday while I was trying to log some cache visits. I also posted something to this forum which didn't even show up for an hour or better.

So I walked away from the computer. :( It was too nice out to be indoors anyway.

Pete

I have tried running no less than 8 PQ's since Sunday night. Each time it shows it was run on the PQ main page but NOTHING shows up in my mailbox!

I know the email is good since I getting logs from gc.com indicating finds on my caches.

I also got an "xxxx Contacting CaverScott" email from Gc.com; alas, no PQ's! :unsure::blink::ph34r:

I have tried running no less than 8 PQ's since Sunday night. Each time it shows it was run on the PQ main page but NOTHING shows up in my mailbox!

I know the email is good since I getting logs from gc.com indicating finds on my caches.

I also got an "xxxx Contacting CaverScott" email from Gc.com; alas, no PQ's! :blink::P:P

At least I am not alone. I have not ben able to 'receive" my PQ of my finds for the past two weeks. However, I still get announcements on new caches and when my TB's are moved. It is just the PQ's that I can not get sent to me. I have 5 that I have run begining on 5/26 and none of them have showed up in my in-box. The geocaching page shows they have been run, but I have not received them. It has to be someting with the geocaching page. I have never had this happen before. I have always gotten PQ's almost instantly.

I have nver had a PQ problem but suddenly last night I am not recieving them in my email. The generator says they have been sent (it is bolded) but no queries. What is up...is it a problem with geocaching.com?

Oops- Would you believe that as I replyed to this topic my query from this morning came through...maybe things are fixed. Hope the rest of you guys get yours.

Edited by Team Pawz

Oops- Would you believe that as I replyed to this topic my query from this morning came through...maybe things are fixed. Hope the rest of you guys get yours.

One of mine finally came through. The delay appears to be on one of the Groundspeak servers, as evidenced by these SMTP headers:

---- snip here ----

Received: from signal4.Groundspeak.com (signal4.Groundspeak.com [66.150.167.161])

by signal.Groundspeak.com (Postfix) with ESMTP id 825154A4CC1

for <xxx@yyyyy.com>; Fri, 29 May 2009 13:19:43 -0700 (PDT)

Received: from UNICRON (unicron.Groundspeak.com [66.150.167.135])

by signal.Groundspeak.com (Postfix) with ESMTP id 236AC1FACA9

for <xxx@yyyyy.com>; Fri, 29 May 2009 07:29:33 -0700 (PDT)

---- snip here ----

My others appear finally to be trickling in. Perhaps there was some problem with a server somewhere that's since been cleared?

I'm still waiting for one I did a couple hours ago. When I run them late at night I get them in a few minutes.

I'm guessing (hoping) that it is something on the GC server side since I am using my own domain email system.

Having to wait sucks because my son was waiting to try his first time at geocaching. I suppose now it will have to wait since he has left for his camping trip now.